+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I still like him, I think he would be an upgrade to what we currently have

http://snygiants.com/new-york-giants...-giants-at-19/
    An upgrade to what what we currently have is not the criteria for a first round pick. Especially when you consider what we currently have at MLB.

Ogletree > Te'o

Manti Te'o has been overrated all season

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    He made a good point that Te'o's draft stock would fall as a result of that game, to the point that we could grab him. I'm a big Blackburn homer, but if by some miracle Te'o falls to #19, I'd take him in a heartbeat...
    yes you are,,as I am for rolle,,but blackburn is not a starter,,our LB corp. was just that bad. te'o has average written all over him,,rather go with ogletree,,,better on tape against alabama,,and plays in the SEC,,which is basically a feeder league for the NFL.

What do you guys think of Barrett Jones from Alabama?

2-time All-America at the Gaurd and Center pos. 3-Time All-SEC at Tackle, Guard and Center.
    He has excellent balance, strong arms and hands, and he's the kind of player Reese and TC like-someone who can play multiple positions.

I am a little concerned about the ankle injury he played through in the National championship, but if the doctors check him out and says he's fine should the Giants pick him with the 1st pick? The OLine is one of the biggest concerns of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    What do you guys think of Barrett Jones from Alabama?

2-time All-America at the Gaurd and Center pos. 3-Time All-SEC at Tackle, Guard and Center.
    He has excellent balance, strong arms and hands, and he's the kind of player Reese and TC like-someone who can play multiple positions.

I am a little concerned about the ankle injury he played through in the National championship, but if the doctors check him out and says he's fine should the Giants pick him with the 1st pick? The OLine is one of the biggest concerns of this team.
    I like Jones, very versalite.. just not at #19

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    We have a history of doing absolutely nothing productive in Free Agency.
    Perhaps little in terms of flashiness but in terms of quality this just isnt true - heres a look at some names found in fa:

Martellus Bennett
    Chris Canty
    Antrel Rolle
    Antonio Pierce
    Ron Stone
    Plaxico Burress
    Stevie Brown
    Kurt Warner
    Hixon
    Hedge**** (claimed off waivers)
    Michael Boley
    David Baas
    Sean Ohara
    Kareem McKenzie
    Fred Robbins
    Kavika Mitchell

many more - but there are some very key pieces in 2 superbowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    He has us taking a WR in the second?

*scratches head*
    I believe WR is a need...but 2nd round is crazy....nicks is always hurt,Cruz,barden I think is done,JJ who knows with this kid, hixon average & injury prone, randle seems promising but who knows....
    If WR is BPA in the 4th I'm all for it,but not 2nd

If it's down to Te'o, Ogletree, Ansah, and Warmack at #19, I'd still take Warmack. OL needs serious help, especially if we can't re-sign Beatty...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If it's down to Te'o, Ogletree, Ansah, and Warmack at #19, I'd still take Warmack. OL needs serious help, especially if we can't re-sign Beatty...
    Warmack just needs a jersey that fits. I'm wondering if the Giants' equipment guys can get him one.