+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Giants' Victor Cruz: "I Want To Stay Here, This Is My Home"

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/09/...is-is-my-home/

Excerpt: "The NFL is through the first week of playoffs and for many New York Giants, it's still hard to accept that they aren't playing. Punter Steve Weatherford has expressed his frustration, head coach Tom Coughlin detailed the emotional strain it's put on him, and wide receiver Victor Cruz, who appeared on ESPN's "The Herd" on Tuesday, says sitting home "hurts."

“It definitely stings,” Cruz said, “especially coming off the season we had last year. After winning the Super Bowl, you want to be able to go back to the playoffs and have the chance to do it again. It will hurt for a while."

Cruz made no excuses, though. Like teammate Chris Snee, who said following their week 17 victory that they "didn't deserve" to make the playoffs, the Pro Bowl wide receiver feels the Giants were their own worst enemy, and that they have no one to blame but themselves." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

he'll be back, giants won't let him get away,,,nicks I am not too sure of.

It annoys me when players say things like this then demand top dollar.

If you actually wanted to stay here then take less money and be happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It annoys me when players say things like this then demand top dollar. If you actually wanted to stay here then take less money and be happy about it.
    Show me where he demanded a top dollar amount.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

It annoys me when players say things like this then demand top dollar.

If you actually wanted to stay here then take less money and be happy about it.
    We don't know what he's asking for.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Show me where he demanded a top dollar amount.
    The thread about him wanting 8-10 million

Theres a reason his contract is not done now. It's because he wants a lot more than the giants are willing to pay him

The thread about him wanting 8-10 millionTheres a reason his contract is not done now. It's because he wants a lot more than the giants are willing to pay him
    He didnt ask for that. Someone comapred him to elite wideouts and how much they make and came out with that number.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Theres a reason his contract is not done now. It's because he wants a lot more than the giants are willing to pay him
    All players want more than the teams are willing to pay.
    Welcome to human life.
    Get well soon 80.

That range of figures was an uneducated guess by the media head who wrote that article. He based it on what four or five other players contracts were and made an ASSUMPTION. Neither Cruz nor any of his handlers have publicly revealed what their asking price is.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    All players want more than the teams are willing to pay.
    Welcome to human life.
    I know. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with them saying "I want to stay" when really it's "I want to stay as long as you are offering me as much as anyone else would"

His quote makes it seem like he's a team guy and would do anything for the team, but we all know that's not how it works.

If he was saying what Bennett said, "I would take a discount to stay here" then it may have some meaning.