+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Anybody Else Worried about next season

It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem.

I bet by game 3 we will alread be down 2 DBs, 1 OL, and 1 WR.... possibly 1 RB.

Might as well not watch the games then....

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem.

You mean the same OC and DC that won us a superbowl less than a year ago?

Its Football, Its the NFL, INJURIES HAPPEN TO EVERYONE! That isnt the reason we're not playing this weekend.

Sense of urgency to fixing things? What should we do? Have our own Draft January 9th to please you?

Its enough already with these types of threads.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Absolutely not. We tend to forget that we won a SB last year with these coordinators and group of players. The NFL is cyclical. Plus, our schedule seems to be much easier next year. We will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Absolutely not. We tend to forget that we won a SB last year with these coordinators and group of players. The NFL is cyclical. Plus, our schedule seems to be much easier next year. We will be fine.
    We have little to no chance of a SB next year. no team's ever played a SB in their home stadium, which automatically makes us the least likely team to get there

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    We have little to no chance of a SB next year. no team's ever played a SB in their home stadium, which automatically makes us the least likely team to get there
    False. Jets are the least likely team to get there. Last I checked they play in the same stadium and they're the ****tier team...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

I am worried about every season

C'mon, we have habitualy injured players that screw up the whole chemistry of the team.... As for the OC and DC... They are average.... and we see every season solid players on the Free Agency, in positions we need to improve, get gobbled up by other teams.

I agree with Nick Saban.... he refuses to use the term defending champs.... He prefers to celebrate the championship only briefly then put it on the shelf. He does not factor previous seasons into his formula for success for the current season. Basically, we won 2 SBs, but that means squat the following season.... especially when you miss the playoffs.

C'mon, we have habitualy injured players that screw up the whole chemistry of the team.... As for the OC and DC... They are average.... and we see every season solid players on the Free Agency, in positions we need to improve, get gobbled up by other teams.

I agree with Nick Saban.... he refuses to use the term defending champs.... He prefers to celebrate the championship only briefly then put it on the shelf. He does not factor previous seasons into his formula for success for the current season. Basically, we won 2 SBs, but that means squat the following season.... especially when you miss the playoffs.

How did Nick Saban do as an NFL coach?

We're a roller-coaster team with a roller coaster quarterback. That is the biggest issue we need to address.

Why aren't we able to maintain a level of consistency?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    How did Nick Saban do as an NFL coach?

We're a roller-coaster team with a roller coaster quarterback. That is the biggest issue we need to address.

Why aren't we able to maintain a level of consistency?
    Why did Eli start out playing well then drop off during the season? Is it just Eli, or are there other factors? Some people are defending the Coordinators because we won two SBs with our OC and one SB with our DC.... but Eli was the SBMVP in both of those wins.

My point is we need to look at the recent changes in the NFL and see if there is an upgrade out there at OC or DC. If not, fine, we plug along with the guys we have. We also need to look at the FA out there to see if we can improve our roster going into next season. It is very frustrating keeping guys around that you know will not play an entire season. It kills the chemistry for atleast 2 or 3 games when key players are out... and you guys know I am right.

As for the person above who does not like Saban, he will likely go down as one of the best College FB coaches...... ever. That aside, my reference to him was you can't relax because you won a Championship. He knows that means nothing going into the next season, as we have proven twice. You have always got to look for ways to improve your team. We have two average coordinators, and we have habitualy injured players, and we seem to squander FA opportunities..... and then we wonder why we are a roller coaster or inconsistent team.