+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Else Worried about next season

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem.

I bet by game 3 we will alread be down 2 DBs, 1 OL, and 1 WR.... possibly 1 RB.
    Historically we win SBs when nothing much is expected of us

yep i think it will be groundhogs day. cap space will be tight we lose 21 players to FA and have to try and sign them back.

It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem.

the super bowl is at met life this year,,,I have a feeling that they will play with extra motivation to attain that goal.

Can't predict injuries (well maybe we can for Phillips and Thomas) so you never know. Reese has a lot of work to do but it is not like the Giants went 2-14. If they can improve in a few areas they can be right back in the playoffs. Don't forget the schedule should be much easier next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Absolutely not. We tend to forget that we won a SB last year with these coordinators and group of players. The NFL is cyclical. Plus, our schedule seems to be much easier next year. We will be fine.
    We have little to no chance of a SB next year. no team's ever played a SB in their home stadium, which automatically makes us the least likely team to get there

I'm always worried about the Giants, so yeah, I'm sure I'll be worried about next season.

I Jerry Reese doesn't address the offensive line and linebackers, then I'll be very worried.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Yes, I'm worried it can't get here quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    We have little to no chance of a SB next year. no team's ever played a SB in their home stadium, which automatically makes us the least likely team to get there
    False. Jets are the least likely team to get there. Last I checked they play in the same stadium and they're the ****tier team...

I agree with what our GM stated, I think we are a few pieces away from making another Championship run and think next year could be a good year to make that run. 19th pick in the draft combined with our schedule and some FA moves...I think we will be a beast of a team next year. One of the biggest factors in this puzzle is a healthy Hakeem Nicks obviously.

So sorry, OP I will disagree with your outlook and assessment.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Its silly to worry about next year. We haven't seen a draft or any kind of FA moves yet. So how can we say we will not make some fixes. Come on guys, are we Giant fans or what??? We have a decent core of players. We might go through next year with no major injuries. I look forward to next season with hopes of seeing improved play. Fewell and Gilbride are professionals too. Let's hope they look back at this year and see where they can change to make this team perform better. I have been a Giant fan though much worse than this (late 60's and 70's). We would all love to see a dynasty, but that will not happen with this coaching staff. It is also unlikely it could happen in this era of free agency. Personally, I can't wait 'til next season!

+ Reply to Thread