+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Else Worried about next season

The Giants are in a no lose situation next year. If we go to the playoffs, great! If not, there WILL be changes, which will also be great.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem.

I bet by game 3 we will alread be down 2 DBs, 1 OL, and 1 WR.... possibly 1 RB.
    I honestly feel very confident in this team. A lot of good young talent was shown in the last game against Philly and I am excited for next year. As a fan we can't change anything the team does, only discuss it amongst us. But as it stands right now we have a team that can compete with the best in the NFL as well as we can be the best in the NFL. Just think, you could be a fan of Cleveland, Jets, Buffalo etc.... I like my chances!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i find it frustrating that fans don't think a team can improve unless there's drastic changes.

they don't look like they have the same sense of urgency as us because half of us evaluate the problem as the need to fire coaches, and the other half see it as a need to nearly revamp the entire roster.

they may see the problem as completely different as we do.

again, this fanbase might as well divide themselves up into 2 sides: fans that trust this FO and HC, and fans that don't.

i don't know what else this organization has to do, other than winning 2 superbowls in the last 5 years, to prove that they're certainly not perfect, but they clearly know what the **** they're doing.
    I especially agree with the first line of the post.

Veteran
    Usually I'm optimistic, but I'm worried it's gonna be status quo as we're bringing back the same OC/DC, same personel that was responsible for our **** season.

The ONLY silver lining is that our schedule is MUCH easier

I think we need a couple legit line backers, someone that can replace Blackburn or Rivers. Bring Kiwi to DE and then find a couple young LB's that can be directed by Boley.

I think we can be contenders if we make changes here at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem.

I bet by game 3 we will alread be down 2 DBs, 1 OL, and 1 WR.... possibly 1 RB.
    I'm not. We are going to the Super Bowl next season!

I don't have the mindset that we are a bad team and destined to fail next year. We were certainly inconsistent on offense this year and the defense gave up a ton of yards, but I still don't think we were that far away from contending. This year, there were plays that could have been made and mistakes that could have been avoided that would have won us into the tournament. And even with the injuries we had, we had people on the field capable of making those plays. Our two wins against the 49ers and Packers were two of the better all-around games against quality opponents that any team in the league played this season.

I'm not saying we were anywhere near as good as we needed to be or had the potential to be perfect - but we had the potential for 2 or 3 more wins. Anyway, all is not lost - I'm looking forward to 2013.

do we really want to play the super bowl at home? this team is awful at home

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by greenca190 View Post
    do we really want to play the super bowl at home? this team is awful at home
    They were 6-2 at home this year and after starting 3-1 on the road, they lost their 4 all of which were horrible performances (including Wash MNF with sloppy, penalized play)

Veteran
    I am not worried about next year.

There is a reason we've had the most consistent success in the NFC East... its the stability with the organization, coaching, and players.

Yes, there will be minor changes / adjustments on the management side and some new pieces on the field, but the Giants are not an organization that makes rash, off the hip decisions.

I expect us to be the favorites to win the division and return to the playoffs, especially with: the rebuilding Eagles, the rehabbing Redskins (with RG3 at some point) playing a first place schedule (instead of cupcakes like in 2012), and the Cowboys again making changes on the defensive side (when Rob Ryan designed a good gameplan to shutdown Nicks & Cruz in 2012) that may or may not bring improvement when their biggest challenges is management & game day decision making (personnel, head coaching, and QB all making bonehead decisions)

+ Reply to Thread