+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    Concerns? Of course. The same coaches you speak of won a Super Bowl less than a year ago. Lol. Wow! They do need a couple of players, stay healthy, and current players just need to be better.

since we have no money to make a splash in FA to fix certain positions we have to count on the draft and hope that the 2 coordinators can come up with some new looks on both sides of the ball and be a LOT more imaginative...

i find it frustrating that fans don't think a team can improve unless there's drastic changes.

they don't look like they have the same sense of urgency as us because half of us evaluate the problem as the need to fire coaches, and the other half see it as a need to nearly revamp the entire roster.

they may see the problem as completely different as we do.

again, this fanbase might as well divide themselves up into 2 sides: fans that trust this FO and HC, and fans that don't.

i don't know what else this organization has to do, other than winning 2 superbowls in the last 5 years, to prove that they're certainly not perfect, but they clearly know what the **** they're doing.

Banned
    I'm not worried they are god awful the second half of every season. I'm used to it. Maybe they can get hot during playoff hunt time but I don't see it with this crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    How did Nick Saban do as an NFL coach?

We're a roller-coaster team with a roller coaster quarterback. That is the biggest issue we need to address.

Why aren't we able to maintain a level of consistency?
    Why did Eli start out playing well then drop off during the season? Is it just Eli, or are there other factors? Some people are defending the Coordinators because we won two SBs with our OC and one SB with our DC.... but Eli was the SBMVP in both of those wins.

My point is we need to look at the recent changes in the NFL and see if there is an upgrade out there at OC or DC. If not, fine, we plug along with the guys we have. We also need to look at the FA out there to see if we can improve our roster going into next season. It is very frustrating keeping guys around that you know will not play an entire season. It kills the chemistry for atleast 2 or 3 games when key players are out... and you guys know I am right.

As for the person above who does not like Saban, he will likely go down as one of the best College FB coaches...... ever. That aside, my reference to him was you can't relax because you won a Championship. He knows that means nothing going into the next season, as we have proven twice. You have always got to look for ways to improve your team. We have two average coordinators, and we have habitualy injured players, and we seem to squander FA opportunities..... and then we wonder why we are a roller coaster or inconsistent team.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i find it frustrating that fans don't think a team can improve unless there's drastic changes.they don't look like they have the same sense of urgency as us because half of us evaluate the problem as the need to fire coaches, and the other half see it as a need to nearly revamp the entire roster.they may see the problem as completely different as we do.again, this fanbase might as well divide themselves up into 2 sides: fans that trust this FO and HC, and fans that don't.i don't know what else this organization has to do, other than winning 2 superbowls in the last 5 years, to prove that they're certainly not perfect, but they clearly know what the **** they're doing.
    Agree. They didn't look good at the end of the season but where just 7 points from 3 more wins. A good draft, health, and guys just playing better could get them back in the post season.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Why did Eli start out playing well then drop off during the season? Is it just Eli, or are there other factors? Some people are defending the Coordinators because we won two SBs with our OC and one SB with our DC.... but Eli was the SBMVP in both of those wins. My point is we need to look at the recent changes in the NFL and see if there is an upgrade out there at OC or DC. If not, fine, we plug along with the guys we have. We also need to look at the FA out there to see if we can improve our roster going into next season. It is very frustrating keeping guys around that you know will not play an entire season. It kills the chemistry for atleast 2 or 3 games when key players are out... and you guys know I am right. As for the person above who does not like Saban, he will likely go down as one of the best College FB coaches...... ever. That aside, my reference to him was you can't relax because you won a Championship. He knows that means nothing going into the next season, as we have proven twice. You have always got to look for ways to improve your team. We have two average coordinators, and we have habitualy injured players, and we seem to squander FA opportunities..... and then we wonder why we are a roller coaster or inconsistent team.
    Eli did not play well this season. Started out ok but the second half of his season was kit good. So right there is a big problem. He plays better next year that's maybe one more win. A healthy team could mean another win. A good draft could mean another. They where 9-7 and just missed the playoffs. They don't need to rebuild.

Banned
    Eli looked like he had the Superbowl slump the whole season

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    since we have no money to make a splash in FA to fix certain positions we have to count on the draft and hope that the 2 coordinators can come up with some new looks on both sides of the ball and be a LOT more imaginative...
    That would be like asking the 3 stooges to play Shakespeare! And speaking of Shakespeare, he said it the best: "Expectation is the root of all heartache". So folks set your expectations low for next season and you will not be disappointed again. If you think that with this coaching staff and a bunch of rookies standing in the sidelines while veterans are getting toasted is going to do it next year, then you are fooling yourselves.

im not worried! who knows how the season will go?

they are a good team who let down this year.

to be honest im looking forward to next season.