+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Music

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Ehhh..not with you on that one. Strats are kinda overrated to me, sound wise.
    You can make a Strat sound like most anything. You can't make a LP sound like a Strat.
    Strats are "feel" guitars. especially with a maple fingerboard. I don't like Rosewood on a Strat. Nothing is better for bending strings than maple.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think Gibson LP's are too expensive. The Epi LP's can be almost as good. But just like Mexican Strats, you have to play them because they are inconsistent. But when you get a good Epi Les Paul for $500.00, it's well worth it.
    Yeah... Lp's are expensive "they have some wood in them" which give them their rich sound...Epi Lp's... I'm glad you said almost as good...almost only counts in horseshoes... no comparison and an insult to Gibson guitars ... imo.... rhythm may well be easier than playing lead...but I'm not sure its all that easy ..some people have no sence of rhythm at all and probably couldn't play a juice hard if their life depended on it .....anyhow I may be bias I owned and played a LP for ten years ....played rhythm buy the way and loved it ....

I payed 500.00 for that LP in 75...and it was used, year old at the time
    Last edited by byron; 03-27-2013 at 06:32 PM.

All-Pro
    You can make a Strat sound like most anything. You can't make a LP sound like a Strat.
    Strats are "feel" guitars. especially with a maple fingerboard. I don't like Rosewood on a Strat. Nothing is better for bending strings than maple.
    I agree...and that is as it should be no....all guitars aren't created to be equals.....just saying

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I agree...and that is as it should be no....all guitars aren't created to be equals.....just saying
    yeah...guitars are just like women. We all have our personal taste.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    I currently play a steel bass acoustic. It sounds awesome but it hurts like hell to play :/
    yeah open wound stings probably

Ehhh..not with you on that one. Strats are kinda overrated to me, sound wise.
    Guitarists who prefer a Strat over anything else:

Hendrix
    SRV
    Clapton (originally a Gibson guy who became a Strat man in the 60's)
    David Gilmour of Pink Floyd
    Eric Johnson

and your boy Johnny Mayer.

The Stratocaster helped define popular rock music today as we know it. Not hating on Gibson because I think they are great guitars, just not for me. Although I think the Gibson SG looks bad ***.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

I currently play a steel bass acoustic. It sounds awesome but it hurts like hell to play :/
    You have to develop calluses first. Then you can call yourself a bass player

Perfectly said MH. Couldn't agree more.

The Strat and the LP are both icons, but the part about the Strat being a "feel" guitar is perfectly explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    Guitarists who prefer a Strat over anything else:HendrixSRVClapton (originally a Gibson guy who became a Strat man in the 60's)David Gilmour of Pink FloydEric Johnsonand your boy Johnny Mayer.The Stratocaster helped define popular rock music today as we know it. Not hating on Gibson because I think they are great guitars, just not for me. Although I think the Gibson SG looks bad ***.
    I know. I don't HATE them, but I prefer GLP's.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    You have to develop calluses first. Then you can call yourself a bass player
    I have calluses though! I'll just deal with it. I almost switched to nylon but it wouldn't sound the same.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.