+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 96

Thread: Warning/ Stats and Gilbride.

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,078
    Im confused I thought I started this thread but now it says roanoke did? Is it b/c i didnt link it? I don't really care just confused i guess.

  2. #42
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    aint that a %$#@%

  3. #43
    Veteran GoDeep80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    941
    Two stats on this story show why Fewell needs to be fired. we are ranked so high in these offensive stats but the glaring problems are Plays per Game and Time of Possession.This is when Fewells bend but don't break defense screws us over! we might be 12th in points allowed but if the other team is prolonging how long they have the ball and limiting our opportunities to score we can't compete. If we can't get the ball back because other teams are consistently getting first downs and extending drives then our offense has no chance to find a rhythm and the deeper the opposing team drives if they can't get a field goal they punt and give us horrible field position. I mean we probably had some of the worst starting field position in the league all year after punts.

  4. #44
    wow we achieved all that while being 30th in plays run per game

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    Two stats on this story show why Fewell needs to be fired. we are ranked so high in these offensive stats but the glaring problems are Plays per Game and Time of Possession.This is when Fewells bend but don't break defense screws us over! we might be 12th in points allowed but if the other team is prolonging how long they have the ball and limiting our opportunities to score we can't compete. If we can't get the ball back because other teams are consistently getting first downs and extending drives then our offense has no chance to find a rhythm and the deeper the opposing team drives if they can't get a field goal they punt and give us horrible field position. I mean we probably had some of the worst starting field position in the league all year after punts.
    i remember like a dozen games our avg starting position was inside our 15 yd line smfh

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    ELI DECIDES RUN OR PASS AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE
    technically, the defense is deciding that, as eli will pick the run play or pass play KG CALLS based on the defensive look...and eli decided run/pass based on the gameplan KG installs weekly. Dont just go to the other end of the spectrum and claim eli has total freedom to do as he pleases just to counter the argument its all on KG. its on both, but imo, mostly on KG. Eli can only choose between the 3 plays sent in from what I have read and understand. those 3 plays are based on the formation that KG sent in as well, meaning ive never seen us come out in a I formation, and eli audibles into a shotgun formation play...Eli is making his decisions based on the parameters of KGs scheme and instruction. The decisions eli will make still has a ton of input from KG on when and why to make certain decisions...to try and excuse KG bc "eli decides run or pass" which is a slanted statement anyways, is as comical as people blaming solely kg.

  7. #47
    technically, even further, eli isnt "deciding" anything. KGs offense requires and functions on the qb making the "correct" adjustment at the LOS. Eli isnt making that decision based on his own free will and feeling at the time lmfao, he is required to make the decisions based on the parameters or formula even that KG installs. its kgs offense right? eli is attempting to make the correct decision BASED ON KGS OFFENSE, meaning, KG is the one actually deciding why and when we're going to run or pass, elis just the one who has to execute it correctly. eli is just looking for the info/data that the offensive scheme, kgs scheme, runs off of. im gonna guess this is prob too complicated a topic and just end it there.

  8. #48
    A glaring problem with Gilbrides offense is the the lack of integrating players into the offense, many talk about the complexities one must learn before they get on the field, the difficulties of picking up the playbook and knowing all assignments, it restricts different personal matches and mismatches one could create,

    it's based on players knowledge versus skill set, we all said Randle should have played more, some say he was running wrong routes, but if the complexities were lowered and the schemes were based on talent and skill set he may have shined brighter then most, he came into the NFL with a complete route tree,


    Gilbride said that Nicks and Bradshaw playing was hurting them, then said that playing them instead of others is the best option, that alone should get the organization to evaluate him,

  9. #49
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,317
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    ELI DECIDES RUN OR PASS AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE
    Don't bother. They won't let the facts get in the way of their opinions.

  10. #50
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Don't bother. They won't let the facts get in the way of their opinions.
    What is it about that simple phrase that is so elusive for some members?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts