+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoGoGo View Post
    No. Three consecutive shotgun draws is ridiculous. The Giants win despite of Gilbride, not because of him. There is a reason he is called Killdrive.
    There's zero factual basis to assert we win despite Gilbride. He's one of the architects of the system, and sends in the plays that Eli calls. Essentially you believe our entire offensive system is trash. There is no way we win 2 championships with an utter failure of an offensive system. It's not possible.

Veteran
    Know what is funny to me watching all other teams move the ball at will versus our Defense, these mind you arent the greatest offenses of all time yet with all the weapons we have on offense we seem to struggle this year getting first downs. Is it all the players !!! come on cant be guys !!!!!!!

Is it possible defenses knew how to defend us and we had no plan B or answer ??????

Like I said weeks ago I think Dallas provided the blue print to shut our offense down !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Dude I dont sugar coat anything. I would love to say something nice about our coaches I really would.

Rarely do I go man we are so in tune and our team functions at a very high level. We were un organized, sloppy, soft, un motivated, stale play calling, in effective in a lot of areas. Scarry thing is the coaches have no idea ?????.

Sorry I would love to be rah rah rah like everyone else but sorry I dont buy it. I can be hated on the boards I dont care. until I am booted off I will speak my mind as hard as it is for people to understand.
    i concur with you

Veteran
    Another note too , Patriots can loose both TE's and keep on ticking ?? they change they improvise they try different things. I would think with there 2 TE's that we have better overall offensive weapons. Guys we werent just not scoring a lot we werent getting first downs. DONT BLAME IT ON NICKS>

Veteran

Warning/ Stats and Gilbride.

Careful giants fans if you go to big blue view they wrote an article on Gilbride where they use stats to assess him and not smells colors and emotions. As usual Gilbrides offense comes up looking pretty darn good. I know I know you can call shotgun draw (one of the only ways to run from shotgun) and we all know he doesnt run enough trickery and you can call a better game and eli does everything (although he does call gilbrides plays), and the players do make up for gilbride being an idiot. That said, I'm gonna go with Gilbride is actually a good coordinator despite all those absolutely ridiculous points. STATS DONT LIE.

On the flip side i believe fewell has some splainin to do. The 2012 gmen gave up some of the most yards in their history.

Even if gilbride's offense was average, do we really want Eli at this point in his career trying to learn an entirely new offense?

Peyton has played in the exact same system his entire career. In fact, most of the top QBs have. The only one that has seen any sort of significant system changes is Brady.

If we didn't three and out so much, our defense wouldn't have given up nearly as many yards... Killdrive calling 3 shotgun draws in a row pretty much sealed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If we didn't three and out so much, our defense wouldn't have given up nearly as many yards... Killdrive calling 3 shotgun draws in a row pretty much sealed it for me.
    ELI DECIDES RUN OR PASS AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE

All-Pro
    Both units stunk.

"There's something to be said for continuity, I believe in that. But, there's also a time when some of these guys start getting tuned out," Sabo said. "They've given ‘em all the speeches, they've given everything they've got and pretty soon they stop listening to ‘em. I don't know if that's the time for both Gilbride and [Perry] Fewell to move on. But there's something not right with either group."

This is what a lot of us have been saying.... but now that Jim Sabo says it people listen?

This offense is stale. He needs to expand the playbook and throw in some less complex plays. You don't have to throw it down field every single time to get a first down. You need a mix of short, intermediate and deep passes. We don't have a good balance.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."