+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    he can "decide" if he is going to check or not, but the decision will be based off of KGs instruction and collaboration with eli on when and why to audible.

Indeed, so Eli doesn't 'Call' run or pass, he can check to it based on the defense, but he can only call what Gilbride gave, so example the 3 Shotgun Draws

Eli wants to check into a run based on what the defense shows, but the only run he can check into is the Draw, if he see's the same defense 3 times in a row it's going to be a draw three time, and that is on Gilbride, because the run may be the superior option at that time, doesn't mean the Shotgun draw is the superior run choice,

Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    Indeed, so Eli doesn't 'Call' run or pass, he can check to it based on the defense, but he can only call what Gilbride gave, so example the 3 Shotgun Draws

Eli wants to check into a run based on what the defense shows, but the only run he can check into is the Draw, if he see's the same defense 3 times in a row it's going to be a draw three time, and that is on Gilbride, because the run may be the superior option at that time, doesn't mean the Shotgun draw is the superior run choice,
    well said actually that is a pretty good example of what im talking about. basically eli can only operate in the paremeters set by kgs scheme and offense. any decision eli will make will be based entirely upon that. u said it well thanks

dont forget that theres times when elis making audibles not bc the new play will work but bc he knows the original play is doomed.

The plays are drawn up but Eli doesn't have to throw the ball within the play. If the receivers are open and the protection is still holding up, Eli should hold on to the ball and wait til the receivers get open on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post

Eli also has full audible control (of course limited by the personnel package that they are in).

And if you're in shotgun, there aren't a ton of different types of run plays you can call than a draw (or what looks like a draw to a common fan).

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    well said actually that is a pretty good example of what im talking about. basically eli can only operate in the paremeters set by kgs scheme and offense. any decision eli will make will be based entirely upon that. u said it well thanks
    So you have a problem with the scheme? Otherwise none of what you say makes any sense and basically is just you saying what happens in an offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    So you have a problem with the scheme? Otherwise none of what you say makes any sense and basically is just you saying what happens in an offense.
    the only thing i have a problem with in this thread is people blaming solely kg, or solely eli. im just trying to squash the fallacy used over and over that "eli decides run/pass so it absolves KG"...thats it. i do have some issues with the scheme, but overall KGs made me eat crow more than Id like so Ive learned better.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    the only thing i have a problem with in this thread is people blaming solely kg, or solely eli. im just trying to squash the fallacy used over and over that "eli decides run/pass so it absolves KG"...thats it. i do have some issues with the scheme, but overall KGs made me eat crow more than Id like so Ive learned better.
    Then stick up for gilbride when people get upset about a shotgun draw.

It's both Eli and gilbride who are responsible.

Eli makes the final decision run or pass. In shotgun there are not a wide variety of runs with an immobile QB.

Really I would like to see some pistol used with Eli so they could have both the I-runs and the shotgun vision. But that won't happen

Good for Gilbride......now give ANY other O coordinator in the league (outside of Sparano) Eli and the weapons the Giants have on O and they'd be #1 in the league year-in-year out.......unfortunately until a change is made this statement nor any other can be proved right or wrong.