+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 96

Thread: Warning/ Stats and Gilbride.

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think these numbers are a little inflated... Eli is doing what he can to make the big plays that Killdrive always dials up work. If, as the article says, we mixed in some high-percentage plays and ran more no-huddle, we'd have an unstoppable offense...
    They're inflated because they make rants against KG look stupid?

    It must be a conspiracy.

    P.S. - Eli can audible into a half dozen plays on any given down. We go long because that's what won us a SB last year.

  2. #12
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Honest question ... if the Giants were one and done in the playoffs last year, would Fewell still have a job in 2013?

    I think he would have gone the way of Tim Lewis personally.

    Loves me my Lombardi ... but let's face it ... Fewell's tenure with the Giants is based on four games in three years.
    When did they extend his contract?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The Packers and Niners games this season?
    Packers had injuries all over the place and one of the worst offensive lines in football.

    The 49ers game was awesome, but let's face it ... not exactly a big play offense to worry about.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    When did they extend his contract?
    Last year and from what I gather, will exercise his option for 2013.

  5. #15
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Last year and from what I gather, will exercise his option for 2013.
    So many defensive starters were MIA in 2012 they probably want to see how he does with some new/healthy talent in 2013. He's the same guy who ran rhe SB defense. I'd want to know if that was a fluke.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,946
    We exploded on offense versus some terrible Defensive teams and struggled vs every other team. How do ppl not realize this.

    GB game they were missing there pass rush and 2 guys in there secondary - tainted score.
    Saints on the road ?? come on, who doesnt score tons of points on them ?
    Panthers ?? Browns early in the season on the road minus half there secondary ? come on


    We scored around 250 points vs terrible defensive teams.
    170 against avg or better teams. Even games like the 2nd Cowboys game when you properly dissect it. We scored what 26 points yet our defense too k the ball away 6 times and we couldn't muster any more points than that ?

  7. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,946
    Anyone who thinks our offense was solid this year doesnt understand or watches the games properly. If we had a solid offense we would have made the playoffs. The same thing could be said about the defense.

    Both sides of the ball stunk !! and the OC and DC could do nothing to stop the train wreck.

  8. #18
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,195
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    We exploded on offense versus some terrible Defensive teams and struggled vs every other team. How do ppl not realize this. GB game they were missing there pass rush and 2 guys in there secondary - tainted score. Saints on the road ?? come on, who doesnt score tons of points on them ? Panthers ?? Browns early in the season on the road minus half there secondary ? come on We scored around 250 points vs terrible defensive teams. 170 against avg or better teams. Even games like the 2nd Cowboys game when you properly dissect it. We scored what 26 points yet our defense too k the ball away 6 times and we couldn't muster any more points than that ?
    At least you're consistent
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,946
    Dude I dont sugar coat anything. I would love to say something nice about our coaches I really would.

    Rarely do I go man we are so in tune and our team functions at a very high level. We were un organized, sloppy, soft, un motivated, stale play calling, in effective in a lot of areas. Scarry thing is the coaches have no idea ?????.

    Sorry I would love to be rah rah rah like everyone else but sorry I dont buy it. I can be hated on the boards I dont care. until I am booted off I will speak my mind as hard as it is for people to understand.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    So many defensive starters were MIA in 2012 they probably want to see how he does with some new/healthy talent in 2013. He's the same guy who ran rhe SB defense. I'd want to know if that was a fluke.
    Historically speaking, it's a fluke. Not like last year was his first year. He was only ever mediocre in Buffalo. And last year our defense was ranked 27th. We got fortunate that they woke up for the last 4 games.

    Is that on Fewell or the players? I'm thinking in a short sudden burst, it's the players.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts