+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Dude I dont sugar coat anything. I would love to say something nice about our coaches I really would. Rarely do I go man we are so in tune and our team functions at a very high level. We were un organized, sloppy, soft, un motivated, stale play calling, in effective in a lot of areas. Scarry thing is the coaches have no idea ?????. Sorry I would love to be rah rah rah like everyone else but sorry I dont buy it. I can be hated on the boards I dont care. until I am booted off I will speak my mind as hard as it is for people to understand.
    Who said you are hated?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Historically speaking, it's a fluke. Not like last year was his first year. He was only ever mediocre in Buffalo. And last year our defense was ranked 27th. We got fortunate that they woke up for the last 4 games. Is that on Fewell or the players? I'm thinking in a short sudden burst, it's the players.
    I I think that's what the organization is trying to figure out now and they're going to give him another year.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Well the two things that stand out to me the most are the 4th in yards per play, which is nice and shows we can obviously hit some big plays...but then you see 31st in plays per game....has 'live and die by the big play' written all over it. If we could just work in some more efficient passing plays into our system just for the sake of keeping drives alive we'd have more chances to hit those big plays. I understand how KG likes to go for longer passes on 3rd and short as defenses tend to choke down a little bit, but how often is it really going to work? I was surprised to see we were even 11th at 3rd down conversion %, I bet in 2nd half of season we were in bottom half if not third in league. I'm not a huge fan of KG nor a huge critic, but there are quite a few things he could and should do just slightly better and more efficient that would really help this team.

Don't forget people I hate to say it but Eli also calls a lot of the plays too...not a bash on him but just a point against people who think it's always Gilbride's fault

I think the article makes 2 good points. KG is a very good offensive mind, I like the system, but the red zone inefficiency is baffling along with the pace and consistency. When this offense puts up zero against Atlanta followed by 14 against Baltimore (whose defense really isn't that good) I have questions. We have the talent to compete in any shootout. I hope when adding wrinkles this offseason the focus is on instilling a lot more consistency. I understand the offense doesn't work as well without Nicks, he's our best offensive player outside of Eli...but we should be able to adjust.

But the constant hate for KG is absolutely ridiculous on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    I think the article makes 2 good points. KG is a very good offensive mind, I like the system, but the red zone inefficiency is baffling along with the pace and consistency. When this offense puts up zero against Atlanta followed by 14 against Baltimore (whose defense really isn't that good) I have questions. We have the talent to compete in any shootout. I hope when adding wrinkles this offseason the focus is on instilling a lot more consistency. I understand the offense doesn't work as well without Nicks, he's our best offensive player outside of Eli...but we should be able to adjust. But the constant hate for KG is absolutely ridiculous on this board.
    The emotional let down is still affecting us.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The emotional let down is still affecting us.
    Without a doubt, and I'm pretty confident our coaching staff understands the inconsistency and red zone issues (which were not a problem in 2011) and is going to fix them. If there comes a time, with Eli as QB, when Coughlin retires, then every crazy person on here can see their new O-coordinator. Until that time, I want the offensive staff that has won 2 superbowls and has guided the best Giant offenses of all time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    I think the article makes 2 good points. KG is a very good offensive mind, I like the system, but the red zone inefficiency is baffling along with the pace and consistency. When this offense puts up zero against Atlanta followed by 14 against Baltimore (whose defense really isn't that good) I have questions. We have the talent to compete in any shootout. I hope when adding wrinkles this offseason the focus is on instilling a lot more consistency. I understand the offense doesn't work as well without Nicks, he's our best offensive player outside of Eli...but we should be able to adjust.

But the constant hate for KG is absolutely ridiculous on this board.
    No. Three consecutive shotgun draws is ridiculous. The Giants win despite of Gilbride, not because of him. There is a reason he is called Killdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I I think that's what the organization is trying to figure out now and they're going to give him another year.
    Yeah I know ... it's hard justifying firing a guy a year removed from being part of a SB win.

But I also know that that's the closest you ever came to condemning a coach

Quote Originally Posted by GeoGoGo View Post
    No. Three consecutive shotgun draws is ridiculous. The Giants win despite of Gilbride, not because of him. There is a reason he is called Killdrive.
    Even if that were true, 2 SBs in 5 years would be grounds for keeping him ... just so the players could go on spiting him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think these numbers are a little inflated... Eli is doing what he can to make the big plays that Killdrive always dials up work. If, as the article says, we mixed in some high-percentage plays and ran more no-huddle, we'd have an unstoppable offense...
    Agree!