+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

If Ansah, Warmack and Ogletree is available at pick 19 who do we pick?

Because in my opinion either one of these 3 will be BPA and need at pick 19. With Osi gone and Tuck declining rapidly they do need another starting DE opposite to JPP and Ezekiel Ansah will be an excellent fit for this defense a freak of nature with massive athletic ability a kind of player Reese loves to draft. Chance Warmack is a punishing blocking offensive guard that is excellent in run blocking and underrated in pass protection would immediately upgrade this offensive line especially if the Giants keep Beatty and Boothe wouldn't mind this pick at all. And Alec Ogletree what can I say is a monster ILB that will help the Giants immediately in their LB core which has been very weak for the past 5 years or so now if they want to stop RG III and Alfred Morris's running attack or stop the running game in general then they need to fix the LB core in a hurry and Ogletree will be a great start.

Like I said can't go wrong with either pick but if I have to pick one if all is available then I will have to go with Alec Ogletree because I think linebackers is a big need and Ogletree can arguably be the BPA at pick 19. Kiwanuka is useless at LB cause he's too slow to play the position plus they will probably move him back to DE where he belongs which that will give Herzlich a shot next year to win the strongside LB position (which is where he naturally plays and I'm willing to give him another shot). Blackburn has shown some nice things but let's face it he stinks can't stop the run at all and he's not that great against the pass either and with Boley declining fast also we got to hope that Williams can stay on the field next year cause he's shown he's pretty quick and can pass coverage very well.

What do you guys think?

First one i'd take if available is Warmack, failing that Ansah, then Ogletree...

I'd go with Ansah. Need a DE.
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Bench Player
    Reality is that in the end I think we would go with Alec Ogletree because come April I think Ezekiel Ansah will be moved up in the top 10 in a lot of mock drafts because of his insane athletic ability and I just have a feeling that some team will steal Chance Warmack away from us before we pick

I still think JPP/Kiwi/Tracy/Ojomo would be a good rotation right there... we need OL way more than DE at this point.

DE is not always the solution. Giants may want to really get a lb who can do all three things, stop the run, cover and go at the qb. A DT ib JPP is more needed than a DE right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I still think JPP/Kiwi/Tracy/Ojomo would be a good rotation right there... we need OL way more than DE at this point.
    Yeah what youi have said is more important.

Bench Player
    I have to agree with you here the offensive line was a big problem yes they didn't give up many sacks but Eli did get pressured a lot more this year than the last 2 seasons Snee has been declining, Baas really stinks and is paid way too much money and Diehl is done. So Chance Warmack it is the way he blocks can you imagine how many big runs David Wilson will get next year

Giants need to make a move and get higher than 19th while keeping their 19th. Who they pick, we don't know. They need a top 10 talent added to this team. Someone who a force rookie year, not a project or future.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    Giants need to make a move and get higher than 19th while keeping their 19th. Who they pick, we don't know. They need a top 10 talent added to this team. Someone who a force rookie year, not a project or future.
    We could always tender cruz as a 1st rounder. Some team will bite on that. But then you'd have to be willing to lose Cruz.