View Poll Results: Whate teams do you not want to see win it all?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • 49ers

29 48.33%
  • Packers

21 35.00%
  • Seahawks

16 26.67%
  • Falcons

18 30.00%
  • Broncos

15 25.00%
  • Patriots

26 43.33%
  • Ravens

18 30.00%
  • Texans

11 18.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What teams

Guess people want the Texans to win? LOL!

Banned
    Two or three years ago Giant fans would have pulled for us to win it. I think us winning the super bowl plus beating them to get in the playoffs in 2010 caused a rivalry there. Then we had the down to the wire finish with us kicking the game winning field goal in NY last year to win it. Then came the playoff rematch that the Giants won in Lambeau in. Then we had some trash talk in the offseason between the two teams then this years game which the Giants blew us out in. There has been alot of stuff that happened between the two teams in three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    Two or three years ago Giant fans would have pulled for us to win it. I think us winning the super bowl plus beating them to get in the playoffs in 2010 caused a rivalry there. Then we had the down to the wire finish with us kicking the game winning field goal in NY last year to win it. Then came the playoff rematch that the Giants won in Lambeau in. Then we had some trash talk in the offseason between the two teams then this years game which the Giants blew us out in. There has been alot of stuff that happened between the two teams in three years.
    Rodgers wasn't really a gracious loser, was he? All the innuendos during the Super Bowl about the Giants' defense faking injury to slow down the game. Plus the Packers not giving the Giants their due for beating them soundly in the playoffs last year. I have to say with bias, it may be understandable for their fans, but it's disrespectful to us. They did sound like sore losers after the playoffs, that's all I can say about that one. Nothing against you though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Rodgers wasn't really a gracious loser, was he? All the innuendos during the Super Bowl about the Giants' defense faking injury to slow down the game. Plus the Packers not giving the Giants their due for beating them soundly in the playoffs last year. I have to say with bias, it may be understandable for their fans, but it's disrespectful to us. They did sound like sore losers after the playoffs, that's all I can say about that one. Nothing against you though.
    In that game though we had our chances just like in 07. If Favre doesnt throw that pass toward Driver and throws to the other side of the field we might have won that one. There was someone wide open on the other side of the field. We missed many opportunities in last years playoff game as well. Jennings was wide open on a play where Rodgers was sacked and fumbled. Yeah we lost. I think it would have been better had we lost in NY twice though. It always hurts more to lose at home.

All-Pro
    Packers are hot right now. Hope they have enough to go into SF and eliminate the arrogance. That would be sweet. I'd also like the upstart Seahawks to wipe the smile off roddy whites face and give Atlanta another first round exit. Can't stand Brady and Pats. Ravens annoy me.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    In CGs. Nothing against you or your team but I think at that point Seattle will be the darlings of the dance this season. Houston.. So we would wind up with a team getting their for the first time and one that got there once and lost. Nice
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    In that game though we had our chances just like in 07. If Favre doesnt throw that pass toward Driver and throws to the other side of the field we might have won that one. There was someone wide open on the other side of the field. We missed many opportunities in last years playoff game as well. Jennings was wide open on a play where Rodgers was sacked and fumbled. Yeah we lost. I think it would have been better had we lost in NY twice though. It always hurts more to lose at home.
    I beg to differ on that one. Eli was owning your defense, and our defense was owning Rodgers. Granted your receivers were dropping balls, but we were hands down the better team in the playoffs. I know it kinda sucked to not advance after going 15-1 or even repeat, but records don't give you a trophy by default, just a chance to play for it. I don't remember how many field goals Tynes missed in that game, but it should not even have gone to OT in 2007.

And so yeah, I bet the Giants don't eander themselves to the Packers' fans because of the result of the last two playoff games. Oh well, I voted for the Packers in this poll because they were sore losers in the last playoffs.

BTW, Rodgers12, I do root for the Packers to spank the bejesus out of the Niners. After that though, all bets are off. I want the Packers eliminated at the NFC Championship game.

I can kinda feel for what the packers had to go through last year though, since we had to deal with a one-and-done at the 1st seed in 2008. To ****ing Philadelphia no less. So I'm more forgiving of what others call butthurt over that loss.

Just two things I want now:
    1) Don't let Brady get his 4th ring. If he does, people will start fawning over him anew like he's Joe freaking Montana.
    2) Don't let Peyton get one either. If he does, Eli will just be a freaking footnote in the Manning family. I can't stand for that treatment of our franchise QB...

So unless SF makes it to the super bowl, I'm most likely going to root for the NFC representative at this point. Pack, Seahawks, and Falcons are all fair game for me... and even then if SF wins i won't lose much sleep over it since we pretty much creamed them while they were at full strength this year.

My hierarchy of teams (I root for the lower number in each matchup from here on out):
    1) Seahawks
    2) Packers
    3) Falcons
    4) Texans
    5) Ravens
    6) 49ers
    7) Pats
    8) Broncos
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-10-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    I beg to differ on that one. Eli was owning your defense, and our defense was owning Rodgers. Granted your receivers were dropping balls, but we were hands down the better team in the playoffs. I know it kinda sucked to not advance after going 15-1 or even repeat, but records don't give you a trophy by default, just a chance to play for it. I don't remember how many field goals Tynes missed in that game, but it should not even have gone to OT in 2007.

And so yeah, I bet the Giants don't eander themselves to the Packers' fans because of the result of the last two playoff games. Oh well, I voted for the Packers in this poll because they were sore losers in the last playoffs.
    Dude going 15-1 and losing the first playoff game hurt alot. It was one of the most heartbreaking losses in our history. Im just stating the what If's. You guys won and we lost. Were a classy team and would not be sore losers.

+ Reply to Thread