+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Boothe Uncertain Of His Future With Giants

Kevin Boothe Uncertain Of His Future With Giants

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/09/...w-york-giants/

Excerpt: "Perhaps the best player on the New York Giants that nobody talked about this season was starting left guard Kevin Boothe. Although the offensive line play was dismal at times this season, that was more so because of the right side of the unit. David Diehl and Chris Snee each had the worst seasons of their career, while center David Baas continued to disappoint. On the other hand, Boothe was a reliable blocker and showed the ability to perform against elite competition.

Unfortunately for the Giants, Boothe is a free agent this offseason and will be free to field offers from any team interested in his services. He recently toldGiants.com that he's uncertain of what the future holds for him.
    "I’m not sure how it all plays out. I know they have a lot of tough decisions to make upstairs and I can’t really think about it too much because there’s things that I can’t control," Boothe said. "So we’ll see. I think we made a lot of progress this year on the offensive line and I think that we can definitely improve. So I’m looking forward to whatever happens." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I could see a few teams being interested in his services. Guy is versatile and stays healthy. It would be a loss if we lose him.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    I could see a few teams being interested in his services. Guy is versatile and stays healthy. It would be a loss if we lose him.
    He is one of two offensive players to play 99% of the snaps in 2012
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

We won't break the bank on him so I hope that's not what he's expecting. That said he's a good versatile G/C and it would be a big loss if we had to replace him as well as Diehl and look for 2 other linemen.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    We won't break the bank on him so I hope that's not what he's expecting. That said he's a good versatile G/C and it would be a big loss if we had to replace him as well as Diehl and look for 2 other linemen.
    I can't imagine Diehl or Osi surviving this season so let's see what happens. There is money but we will never be able to sign everyone. Boote and Beatty were to two top rated (PFF) offensive lineman in 2012. I would like to keep themk both so we only have to worry about the right side for 2013. As you say, Boothe also does a good job at center.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I can't imagine Diehl or Osi surviving this season so let's see what happens. There is money but we will never be able to sign everyone. Boote and Beatty were to two top rated (PFF) offensive lineman in 2012. I would like to keep themk both so we only have to worry about the right side for 2013. As you say, Boothe also does a good job at center.
    Well Beatty is probably(in my eyes anyway) our TOP priority on the team. Stud LT's are hard to come by. He is an absolute MUST resign. Lock him up.

Diehl I could see coming back for the vet min. He won't get a better offer and if he does, good for him, wish him well.\

I'd love to resign Boothe but not if he commands too much that it effects others signings.

Osi is most likely gone but you should hear how much Reese LOVES the guy, and it's not just hot air.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Reese can love him all he wants, but Osi is looking for starter pay and he's not likely to get that here I HOPE
    Who knows what he's looking for. He's said things in the past and when you have time to sit down relax and think, talk to family and friends, opinions change.

Also who knows who will offer him what.

I'd love to resign him for much cheaper. Gets too much blame.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

He is one of two offensive players to play 99% of the snaps in 2012
    he is a must have at the right price,,also an ivy league guy I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Who knows what he's looking for. He's said things in the past and when you have time to sit down relax and think, talk to family and friends, opinions change.

Also who knows who will offer him what.

I'd love to resign him for much cheaper. Gets too much blame.
    osi is no longer that guy as much as his mouth is. we have younger options on this team,,the money would be well spent on the O line if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    osi is no longer that guy as much as his mouth is. we have younger options on this team,,the money would be well spent on the O line if anything.
    +1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread