+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Boothe Uncertain Of His Future With Giants

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    osi is no longer that guy as much as his mouth is. we have younger options on this team,,the money would be well spent on the O line if anything.
    ++1

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Who knows what he's looking for. He's said things in the past and when you have time to sit down relax and think, talk to family and friends, opinions change.

Also who knows who will offer him what.

I'd love to resign him for much cheaper. Gets too much blame.
    Here's my problem with Osi. We need to bring Tracy adn Ojomo into the rotation from day 1 in 2013. If signing Osi means one or both will ride the bench, I'm for losing Osi.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    but Osi is looking for starter pay
    do you have a link for this?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Here's my problem with Osi. We need to bring Tracy adn Ojomo into the rotation from day 1 in 2013. If signing Osi means one or both will ride the bench, I'm for losing Osi.
    I can understand why most are enamoured with Ojomo and Tracy based of the little they have seen, I agree with the limited snaps they made the most of their opportunities, but still you do not know what you have with these guys. I think people are wishing for something that they might regret later, or I might be wrong. Lets just hope between Osi, Reese, and upper management cooler heads prevail and a proprer decision not based on emotion is made for the betterment of this team.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    do you have a link for this?
    No, I am pretty sure he's said that but if you like I can delete the post.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    osi is no longer that guy as much as his mouth is. we have younger options on this team,,the money would be well spent on the O line if anything.
    sometimes sir, younger is not better. I think veterans placed in a system to properly utilizes their style of play can produce better results than a young inexperienced player that has raw talent. It's not just raw ability in the trenches, technique is more important.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 01-09-2013 at 05:13 PM.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    No, I am pretty sure he's said that but if you like I can delete the post.
    No need Roa, I just want to know if everyone is accurate in their assesment of that situation. I don't think he's every said he deserves starter pay; i have heard him say he is a player that can start on any team, or something similar to that nature.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

No need Roa, I just want to know if everyone is accurate in their assesment of that situation. I don't think he's every said he deserves starter pay; i have heard him say he is a player that can start on any team, or something similar to that nature.
    I am basing it on his comments that he's likely done here and what you accurately recall him having said about starting elsewhere. My interpretation of that is that he's going to ask for money Reese won't pay. However, I don't know he used those specific words so I did delete that.

# 80

sometimes sir, younger is not better. I think veterans placed in a system to properly utilizes their style of play can produce better results than a young inexperienced player that has raw talent. It's not just raw ability in the trenches, technique is more important.
    I am guessing Tuck will be here. Based on their (Tuck and Osi) play in 2012, do we have any confidence they will be better a year later at their ages? Now if we got Tracy and Ojomo into a scheduled rotation, then fine IF they can afford Osi.

You are right younger isn't always better but we have two young players who showed some glint of being able to play and I'd like to see them include them in the defense like the Eagles do/did. Doing that helps extend the older players and develops the younger players.

# 80

Veteran
    I am basing it on his comments that he's likely done here and what you accurately recall him having said about starting elsewhere. My interpretation of that is that he's going to ask for money Reese won't pay. However, I don't know he used those specific words so I did delete that.
    Yeah I hear you, and I am not attacking your assumption on the matter, but as you have seen time and time before on these boards. People read and react, before understanding what is read then reacting. It is unfair to any player especially Osi who has been the beating donkey on these boards for sometimes now to be misinterpreted I.E "Cruz is demanding 8-10 mil!?! screw that guy draft a WR or sign Bowe for cheap!"
    Because the mob is unforgiving and I think If we infact look at all the details all Osi is truly at fault for is carrying it on as long as he did in which he apologized for and has been humble in his role on the D-Line.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

+ Reply to Thread