+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Boothe Uncertain Of His Future With Giants

How did Boothe become our second best O-lineman? We are screwwwwwwwwed. Boothe is average on his very best day, terrible most other times...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I am guessing Tuck will be here. Based on their (Tuck and Osi) play in 2012, do we have any confidence they will be better a year later at their ages? Now if we got Tracy and Ojomo into a scheduled rotation, then fine IF they can afford Osi.

You are right younger isn't always better but we have two young players who showed some glint of being able to play and I'd like to see them include them in the defense like the Eagles do/did. Doing that helps extend the older players and develops the younger players.
    See... I think Tuck has shot himself in the foot with; 1. with the soundbites he has provided 2. being a captain and showing a lack of urgency on the field or any type of leadership 3. I think he said he thought about retiring once this season? 4. his body language on the sidelines, not being vocally strong and plus his performance on the field.
    I agree with you, i would like to see more of Ojomo and Tracy, but If we can resign osi to a reasonable deal then i would like us to explore that option as well. I think it is fair to say that Osi thrives better as a starter than jsut coming in or certain down and distances or rotating, he can build a rythm this way. That's really what football is, repitition, rythm, technique, ability. I still feel he has what it takes to apply pressure to the QB, can he stop the run? lol i have a better chance of trucking J.J. Watt head on but that has really never been Osi's game and we have to understand that, plus that is also skewed cause just like Webster is looking for his over teh top help while Phillips is injured where is Osi's SAM linebacker help?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    How did Boothe become our second best O-lineman? We are screwwwwwwwwed. Boothe is average on his very best day, terrible most other times...
    lol... I think we should move boothe over to Center, I had an idea to revamp the O-Line i will post it in a second

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Here's my problem with Osi. We need to bring Tracy adn Ojomo into the rotation from day 1 in 2013. If signing Osi means one or both will ride the bench, I'm for losing Osi.
    Putting way too much stock in the capabilities of an undrafted FA who barely made the team and couldn't get on the field, and a late round pick who hasn't shown much at all over the years he's been here. If we have to rely on Tracey and Ojom next year, we are seriously screwed.

bunch of teams in the nfl are looking to upgrade on their o line.

this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Putting way too much stock in the capabilities of an undrafted FA who barely made the team and couldn't get on the field, and a late round pick who hasn't shown much at all over the years he's been here. If we have to rely on Tracey and Ojom next year, we are seriously screwed.
    Tracy did play last season, Ojomo did not. My preference is for them to be in a scheduled rotation so they can develop.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    bunch of teams in the nfl are looking to upgrade on their o line.

this sucks.
    I think we have to keep Beatty and I'd like to be able to keep Boothe, but offers will be forthcoming soon
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I am basing it on his comments that he's likely done here and what you accurately recall him having said about starting elsewhere. My interpretation of that is that he's going to ask for money Reese won't pay. However, I don't know he used those specific words so I did delete that.
    didnt he say he wanted top 10 de money? wasnt it even top 5 iirc? i know he believes hes a starter too, just not with us bc of our situation. hes been very vocal about that. im sure u can find a ton of articles from this past offseason where osi said stuff like that.edit-where hed start on any other team etc
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 01-09-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Tracy did play last season, Ojomo did not. My preference is for them to be in a scheduled rotation so they can develop.
    i thought tracy looked damn good vs SF and some other chances he got. i was actually very impressed, he looked 10x better than the year before

I love it. The haters hijack a Kevin Boothe thread and make it about Osi...

+ Reply to Thread