+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayor of DC wants Redskins to change name

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    I'm offended that Washington DC is named after George Washington. Thomas Jefferson was a far better person to name it after. It should be called Jefferson DC./red

Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    [red]As a big person, I am offended by the team name "Giants"[/red]
    yeah that offends oompa loompas everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    I'm offended that Washington DC is named after George Washington. Thomas Jefferson was a far better person to name it after. It should be called Jefferson DC./red
    no, no then the Benjamin Franklin camp will get ticked off

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I'm actually rather surprised it hasn't been changed yet. Having a major sports team named a racial slur isn't very cool,

Banned
    Yeah I'm surprised too. Imagine if there were teams named the Alaskan Pailskins or the Los Angeles Darkskins with a white or black person on the helmets. It's not about being sensitive, it's more about respect for our fellow man. They probably didn't mean it that way, who knows but it's just the principle.
    Last edited by BurnerNYG; 01-13-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli2Shockey4aTD View Post
    Washington Liars, Washington Debtors, Washington Thieves, Washington Bailouts, Washington Taxmen. Sure there are many good names to go with DC.
    Then you would be rehashing the name the Washington Senators.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    WOAHHHH GOOD ONE!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Yeah I'm surprised too. Imagine if there were teams named the Alaskan Pailskins or the Los Angeles Darkskins with a white or black person on the helmets. It's not about being sensitive, it's more about respect for our fellow man. They probably didn't mean it that way, who knows but it's just the principle.
    Well when you have a team who has had the same name for 80 years and has 80 years of merchandise already out into the public, not to mention a team that probably has one of the top 5 fan bases in the NFL, I would think losing the name and changing it to a 'less offensive one' would result in serious financial losses in the short term.

The moral to the story is white people shouldn't be getting offended over the name 'redskins'. I believe several polls of people with Native American descent have shown that they really don't care. They aren't for it, they aren't against it, they don't care. Just like the Florida State Seminoles. The Seminole people aren't complaining, idiot white people are... And I'm saying this as a white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli2Shockey4aTD View Post
    Washington Liars, Washington Debtors, Washington Thieves, Washington Bailouts, Washington Taxmen. Sure there are many good names to go with DC.
    I like the Thieves. U can have the helmets be a solid color than have a painted black bandana start above the face mask and make it look like it ties at the back of the helmet.

I hate political correctness more than I hate the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    no, that's awesome...they should re-name them to that

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread