+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I don't think that they were rooting for Eli and the Giants as much as the were rooting against Tom and the Pats.

Probably for the same reason that some of you don't want Peyton to succeed-- it makes your QB look less significant. Or at least you think it does (It really doesn't).

The difference is Peyton and Brady are actually in a competitive class together. As much as you love him, Eli just isn't in that class. No modern QB is... not yet, at least.

Letting go of the desire to put Eli and Peyton or Brady on equal footing will be relieving for some of you if you can just learn to let go.
    If Eli is "not that good" we need to re-do our entire offense. Either that or trade him for a first overall pick so we can draft a QB that is. A scrub QB doesn't run the offense that the Giants run...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If Eli is "not that good" we need to re-do our entire offense. Either that or trade him for a first overall pick so we can draft a QB that is. A scrub QB doesn't run the offense that the Giants run...
    I didn't say he was 'not that good', I said he's not in the same class as those guys. Neither is Rodgers. Neither is Brees.

I'm referring to legacy and not ability. Eli's a great quarterback, but is he in anyone's conversation for Greatest of All Time?

I didn't say he was 'not that good', I said he's not in the same class as those guys. Neither is Rodgers. Neither is Brees.

I'm referring to legacy and not ability. Eli's a great quarterback, but is he in anyone's conversation for Greatest of All Time?
    Well said. Completely agree.

Some Giants fans cannot accept that Eli will most likely never have the legacy of Peyton. I'm rooting for the Seahawks firstly, because I like Russell Wilson and that defense. But if Peyton won it I would not be upset in the least.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

I don't think that they were rooting for Eli and the Giants as much as the were rooting against Tom and the Pats.

Probably for the same reason that some of you don't want Peyton to succeed-- it makes your QB look less significant. Or at least you think it does (It really doesn't).

The difference is Peyton and Brady are actually in a competitive class together. As much as you love him, Eli just isn't in that class. No modern QB is... not yet, at least.

Letting go of the desire to put Eli and Peyton or Brady on equal footing will be relieving for some of you if you can just learn to let go.
    Its not that I dont want Peyton to succeed. It also doesn't have anything to do with Eli having some kind of edge over him in the rings dept. I can see how some might actually feel that way, crazy as it may be, but I'm not in that category. I'm really just tired of seeing his face and hearing his name every 10 seconds. A SB win would be horrifying, because it would increase his media exposure to unbearable heights. He is without a doubt one of the greats and a 1st ballot HOF'er, but the way people talk about him, it's as if the guy walks on water.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Its not that I dont want Peyton to succeed. It also doesn't have anything to do with Eli having some kind of edge over him in the rings dept. I can see how some might actually feel that way, crazy as it may be, but I'm not in that category. I'm really just tired of seeing his face and hearing his name every 10 seconds. A SB win would be horrifying, because it would increase his media exposure to unbearable heights. He is without a doubt one of the greats and a 1st ballot HOF'er, but the way people talk about him, it's as if the guy walks on water.

Right and I wasn't talking about you in particular. Your reason makes sense to me. As someone who likes Peyton Manning I'm okay with seeing him on Pizza commercials and whatnot, but if Aaron Rodgers exposure blew up even more and I had to see his mug on TV even more than I do now, I'd be pretty irritated. So I get not wanting to see Peyton win for that reason.

As a side note, funnily enough, Brady's lack of media exposure has allowed me to appreciate and tolerate him more in recent years. Not that he was over exposed before, but seeing less of him helps.

Honestly, the reason why I don't want to see Peyton get a ring is so I don't have to see/hear WHO IS BETTER PEYTON OR ELI??? over and over and over again.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    Well said. Completely agree.

Some Giants fans cannot accept that Eli will most likely never have the legacy of Peyton. I'm rooting for the Seahawks firstly, because I like Russell Wilson and that defense. But if Peyton won it I would not be upset in the least.
    If eli gets another ring he will have the legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I don't have a problem rooting for Eli's brother.

Go Broncos.....go Seahawks!!!!!
    echo this although Ray Ray leaving with a ring ain't bad...Peyton getting 1 more like Eli will be somewhat uncomfortable for my inner-Homer though...

Broncos/ Seahawks will be the most benign Super Bowl for me.
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 01-12-2013 at 07:43 AM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

... As a side note, funnily enough, Brady's lack of media exposure has allowed me to appreciate and tolerate him more in recent years. Not that he was over exposed before, but seeing less of him helps.
    couldn't agree more, except for that Dodge Dart commercial... (and I am a Mopar fan, maybe that's why)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Peyton Needs to change his last name to Favre