+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kruunch's Post Bowl Mock - 1.0

Cool Kruunch's Post Bowl Mock - 1.0

First of many I'm sure ...

1) Ezekial Ansah (DE) - I like Alex Okafor more here, but I think Ansah is the *exact* type of DE the Giants draft (a cross between Kiwi and JPP). With Osi most likely gone and Tuck wearing down, DE once again becomes our first priority.

2) Alec Ogletree (ILB) - One of the very VERY few LBers that has really impressed me in the early rounds, Ogletree is a converted Safety that blends size, speed and strength extremely well. He is the epitome of the modern day inside linebacker (also has the range and skills to play the WILL).

3) Aaron Colvin (CB) - Bolstering our depleted CB ranks and eyeing a possible replacement for CWeb in 2014, Colvin gives you size and speed and specializes in man-press.

4) Alvin Bailey (OG) - Monstrously sized (6'5, 315 lbs) the Arkansas OG has been run on the power technique and has the frame and ability to translate to Tackle. Can play the left or right side, and moves everything in front of him.

5) Everett Dawkins (DT) - Adding depth to our DT spot, the Florida State DT possesses size and agility (converted DE). Stout at the point of attack.

6) Reid Fragal (OT) - Freakish size and athletic ability makes this guy a neat OT project.

7) Levine Toilolo (TE) - He can't catch and can't block but he's 6'7 and FAST! Hopefully he can learn to use his hands

getting Ansah & Ogletree would be sick..

If Ogletree has a decent Combine, chances are his stock will rise enough that he won't be available at pick #51 but pre-Combine mock is pre-Combine

I do like it. Not positive about Colvin because the giants really don't run much press man. But it depends how much they want to run that Tampa 2.

There are certainly some options in the 3rd though. Wreh-Wilson is another bigger Cb with speed.

Would like to see another LB drafted as well. Perhaps instead of Fragal.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I do like it. Not positive about Colvin because the giants really don't run much press man. But it depends how much they want to run that Tampa 2.

There are certainly some options in the 3rd though. Wreh-Wilson is another bigger Cb with speed.

Would like to see another LB drafted as well. Perhaps instead of Fragal.
    Yeah I think Colvin was a bit wish-list in my desire for the Giants to play more man-press. Then again, you HAVE to have at least one starting caliber press corner and right now that's CWeb who may very well be winding down (if this year was any indication).

However if you wanted more of a zone guy, how do you feel about Jamar Taylor (Boise St.)?

And do you like Wreh-Wilson over Colvin?

Well I've seen wreh Wilson the most. And seen him a couple times in person. Which is far more useful when looking at DBs.

I do think wreh Wilson could be a high 2nd round pick. Like him more coming out than the last Uconn db drafted Darius butler. And butler went high 2nd.

I'm just not sure right now how they value corners. What exactly they are looking for. We know that prince was a press man corner in college, but his skill set also fits very well in a zone scheme. He breaks quickly, tackles well. And he has great hips so he can transition well.

Then they take Hosley last year who was almost strictly a zone guy. Has the instincts and understands routes.

Well I've seen wreh Wilson the most. And seen him a couple times in person. Which is far more useful when looking at DBs.

I do think wreh Wilson could be a high 2nd round pick. Like him more coming out than the last Uconn db drafted Darius butler. And butler went high 2nd.

I'm just not sure right now how they value corners. What exactly they are looking for. We know that prince was a press man corner in college, but his skill set also fits very well in a zone scheme. He breaks quickly, tackles well. And he has great hips so he can transition well.

Then they take Hosley last year who was almost strictly a zone guy. Has the instincts and understands routes.
    I kind of thought they drafted Hosely on value over preferred scheme. I got nothing to back that up ... just how it hit me.

But typically you want one of each type of corner starting for flexibility.

No typically you want all your corners the same. Don't want different types. Because you can't run one side man and the other zone.

No typically you want all your corners the same. Don't want different types. Because you can't run one side man and the other zone.
    Not sure about this year but last season we ran a lot of zone but having Webby play press on their best guy. Saw it for sure with Buffalo and Stevie Johnson, who he essentially shut down.
    So I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.
    Get well soon 80.

Ummm that's how we run our backend currently (and a lot of defenses run man on one side and zone on the other).

Pretty much any time you see a defense "rolling" coverage to one side is applying this technique.

+ Reply to Thread