+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Kruunch's Post Bowl Mock - 1.0

  1. #11
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Not sure about this year but last season we ran a lot of zone but having Webby play press on their best guy. Saw it for sure with Buffalo and Stevie Johnson, who he essentially shut down.
    So I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.
    You can press in zone. You don't have to run man to press. Cover 2 teams press all the time

  2. #12
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ummm that's how we run our backend currently (and a lot of defenses run man on one side and zone on the other).

    Pretty much any time you see a defense "rolling" coverage to one side is applying this technique.
    No. Rolling coverage has nothing to do with one side playing man and the other zone. It is schematically impossible to do this on halves.

    All an opposing team would need to do is run crossing routes and you have wide open receivers

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    No. Rolling coverage has nothing to do with one side playing man and the other zone. It is schematically impossible to do this on halves.

    All an opposing team would need to do is run crossing routes and you have wide open receivers
    We'll agree to disagree.

    In any event, I'd want the press CB over a zone CB out of this draft.

  4. #14
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    If Ogletree has a decent Combine, chances are his stock will rise enough that he won't be available at pick #51 but pre-Combine mock is pre-Combine
    ogletree could very well go in the top 20..no way he is there in the second when we pick,,,,,and I just don't see why everybody is so high on ansah,,.plus he will be gone before we pick at 19 as well.

  5. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    ogletree could very well go in the top 20..no way he is there in the second when we pick,,,,,and I just don't see why everybody is so high on ansah,,.plus he will be gone before we pick at 19 as well.
    You are curious as to why most people like a guy that you think will be selected before our pick? Hmm

  6. #16
    Veteran Mlerman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Binghamton/L.I., NY
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    You are curious as to why most people like a guy that you think will be selected before our pick? Hmm
    It's called hype.


  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    ogletree could very well go in the top 20..no way he is there in the second when we pick,,,,,and I just don't see why everybody is so high on ansah,,.plus he will be gone before we pick at 19 as well.
    You kind of just answered yourself.

    I highly doubt Ogletree goes in the top 20 ... unless you meant the top 20 of the second round. I see him as a late first rounder or early second rounder (if he has a really good combine).

    Now if the the guy runs a 4.39 40 ...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts