+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Giants In Review: Perry Fewell

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    My solution would be bring Spags back which I think he will be let go next year. Bring in a new OC which will get rid of our Low % deep down filed passing game that isnt working. Make this team more physical up front on both sides of the ball. We clearly got eaten alive up the middle of our defense. A DT priority for sure and some LBers that can run and tackle seeing we will be facing RG3 and more and more running QBs in the league.
    I think the running game is actually pretty good when we actually stuck to it and committed to it.
    How ironic that you use the standard of yards per game, and use our standing at 31st in that catagory, to suggest we need a new DC.

Then you suggest we bring in the DC of the defense that was 32nd.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    My solution would be bring Spags back which I think he will be let go next year. Bring in a new OC which will get rid of our Low % deep down filed passing game that isnt working. Make this team more physical up front on both sides of the ball. We clearly got eaten alive up the middle of our defense. A DT priority for sure and some LBers that can run and tackle seeing we will be facing RG3 and more and more running QBs in the league.
    I think the running game is actually pretty good when we actually stuck to it and committed to it.
    Would you please just add your daily thoughts to one of your previous, numerous threads on this topic?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Would you please just add your daily thoughts to one of your numerous threads on this topic?
    We literally have 50 threads on the same topic all the time. I don't blame the mods anymore for not cleaning up the mess. Who wants to clean up all the same threads made by older people with no self-control anyway?
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    We literally have 50 threads on the same topic all the time. I don't blame the mods anymore for not cleaning up the mess. Who wants to clean up all the same threads made by older people with no self-control anyway?
    OK that hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes we were 31st in total yards given up on defense (which is a silly standard)
    But we were 12th in points against (which is more important) and we were 3rd in turnovers created (which is VERY important)
    i hated how we gave up huge plays, but i still remember the days when this defense couldn't buy a turnover. despite its warts the ability of this defense to take the ball away is HUGE in my eyes, and with an offense that played more to its ability, we would have won at least a couple more games based on those turnovers.

and btw, great point on the dump fewell for spags argument.

spags has done nothing on any other team he's coached, and the pass rush he used so masterfully on this one is literally gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    i hated how we gave up huge plays, but i still remember the days when this defense couldn't buy a turnover. despite its warts the ability of this defense to take the ball away is HUGE in my eyes, and with an offense that played more to its ability, we would have won at least a couple more games based on those turnovers.

and btw, great point on the dump fewell for spags argument.

spags has done nothing on any other team he's coached, and the pass rush he used so masterfully on this one is literally gone now.
    Our defense is getting torched without a pass rush. PF places just as much emphasis on that as Spags did. Our guys just didn't get it done.
    That's not on the DC.
    I also think (as I have said before) that PF's defense works better in the modern NFL with more mobile QB's. A bunch of press coverage is a recipe for giving up tons of yards by running QB's.

OK that hurts.
    You know what I mean MHS. We had tons of adults here supposedly that go out and create the same threads. I click 'what's new" and my section is clogged up with the same threads over and over again.

Not saying this is you though. Not all older people are crazy and impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    You know what I mean MHS. We had tons of adults here supposedly that go out and create the same threads. I click 'what's new" and my section is clogged up with the same threads over and over again.

Not saying this is you though. Not all older people are crazy and impatient.
    Yes we are.

Yes we are.
    I was just trying to make you feel better

Veteran

bring Stray to help JPP ?

Umm how about Fewel and the D line coach help him ?? I dont understand why they need outside retired player to what motivate a million dollar player ? or is it tactical advice ?. Either way it seems shocking that we need to do this.

Here is a suggestion why dont you send all our lbers to LT to get some advice.

And send our corners to seek Mark Collins, Phillipi Sparks etc advice.

+ Reply to Thread