+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Giants In Review: Perry Fewell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I think Fewell deserves some criticism, but in his defense, there were some major pieces to the 2011 championship that simply didn't show up in 2012.

JPP, Tuck, and Osi were nowhere near their performance in 2011.
    Webster regressed (hopefully it is a one year problem, he also got burned on some sensational catches where his coverage was there).
    KP was injured much of the year.
    T2 was knocked out for the season.
    Marvin Austin never showed up this year.
    Canty was hurt much of the year.
    Keith Rivers didn't have the impact that Reese was hoping for when he signed him.
    Boley faded a bit this season.

Given all that, it's hard to lay it all on Fewell......however, I'll criticize him for not blitzing more when it was clear the 4 man rush wasn't as effective this season. He didn't rotate his DL as much as he should have.

Fewell deserves credit for 2011, and criticism for 2012.....hopefully he'll be his own toughest critic, and get stuff turned around in 2013.....but it might need some new faces, too.

I was reading the post about Corey Webster's numbers being down from last season, and, as you wrote, Osi and Tuck were MIA, etc.

We see everything after the fact. Going into the season, who would have said all of the things you point out would have come to pass? Fewell, and all coaches, have to play the cards they're dealt.

With all that went wrong this season, I still believe we are closer to making another run than it appears.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'm willing to give Fewell another pass, but Killdrive NEEDS TO BE GONE...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm willing to give Fewell another pass, but Killdrive NEEDS TO BE GONE...
    LOL I think Eli wants him here and, if I'm right, here he stays.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Umm how about Fewel and the D line coach help him ?? I dont understand why they need outside retired player to what motivate a million dollar player ? or is it tactical advice ?. Either way it seems shocking that we need to do this.

Here is a suggestion why dont you send all our lbers to LT to get some advice.

And send our corners to seek Mark Collins, Phillipi Sparks etc advice.
    How is that different than any employer arranging for an employee to improve their skills outside the walls of the organization?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How is that different than any employer arranging for an employee to improve their skills outside the walls of the organization?
    For true.

Hell, teachers in NYS are required by law to seek professional development outside of the school to keep their teaching certifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    For true.

Hell, teachers in NYS are required by law to seek professional development outside of the school to keep their teaching certifications.
    We fans often lose perspective

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    It's funny how quickly people forget Fewell held Brady to 17 points in the super bowl.

Oh wait, that wasn't Fewell, that was the players. This year? It was the DC not the players.
    That is true, but he still had a bottom 5 defense in the regular season.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Man everyone wanted to hang Sheridan and Tim Lewis but this bum gets another shot.

HELLO 31 st ranked Defense.

Do none of you fans remember this franchise was known for Defense. Remember LT , Carson and Banks etc and the old days ???? Well what happened to it.

Cant stop the run I mean 3rd string RBs had career days vs our once proud defenses.

How many 200 yard rushers we allowed ?

Yes lets bring him back cant wait till next season...
    We ranted about that over a week ago after we found out Fewell had quietly been given an extension! If you go back a little bit to older posts, believe me, you'll find all the complaining about Fewell that your little heart desires.

After we were illiminated from making the playoffs, Antonio Pierce said we should find another DC. I believe he still has a good gist of whats going on in the locker room, and I believe most of the players feel the same way as AP.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    After we were illiminated from making the playoffs, Antonio Pierce said we should find another DC. I believe he still has a good gist of whats going on in the locker room, and I believe most of the players feel the same way as AP.
    Are you suggesting that the inmates should run the asylum Dez?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread