+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Too many ppl here are in love with Killdrive and Fewel.

I guess they really enjoyed the product on the field this year.

Wheeee 31 st ranked defense, constant 200 yard rushing games allowed, swiss cheese pass defense and no blitzes or schemes

Killdrive take away the eagles game couldnt get our offense on track when we needed it to be....Hey maybe he will study all the good offensive teams in the playoffs to get ideas for next year lol

Im out!!

I love Reese, Ross and others but the Cords need to go...
    Or too few people hate him?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Who? And what does that have to do with us or Fewell not being a great DC?
    The Steelers. The point is that points scored is the only stat that matters and they where not that bad in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The Steelers. The point is that points scored is the only stat that matters and they where not that bad in that department.
    And yet we were AWFUL on 3rd down, which meant we couldn't get offenses off the field.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Where are the kids?
    They're out buying a book called "Defensive Game Planning for Dummies" for Fewlless.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    That is really misleading. If you have a game with the defence cant get the other team off the field and the offence cant score you lose. This happened a couple times this year. Teams like the redskins and steelers having long drives and keeping us from putting up big numbers.
    Their last two losses where very bad but the offense was just as bad. So the entire team collapsed. Lets look at a couple of games where the offense came up short. The first Eagles game, the Steelers game, and the second Washington game. Throw the Bengals game in their as well since the offense did not do a thing until garbage time and they spotted the ball to the Bengals twice on turnovers. He special teams also let them set up inside the red zone that game.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    And yet we were AWFUL on 3rd down, which meant we couldn't get offenses off the field.
    The offense did a fine job by themselves staying off the field and kicking field goals instead of scoring TD's.

I don't think anyone "loves" Perry Fewell.

But I do think many of us respect the fact that his defense played great in the playoffs last season against some outstanding offenses. And we won a SB with him as our DC.
    That actually counts for something. The defense (especially the pass rush) was the key to both our SB wins in this era of Giants football. We didn't put up a lot of points on those playoff runs. That's not a knock on KG or our offense, but the defense was the key.
    That fact cannot be denied. (at least not by reasonable fans)
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Unless another team wants him as a HC (highly unlikely) he isnt going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    Unless another team wants him as a HC (highly unlikely) he isnt going anywhere.
    Sadly, true!!!

Look I understand some of you saying its the players..and i agree that they are part of the problem..... But seriously ignoring Fewells schemes is just blind..... When the opposing team has 3rd and long between the Giants 40-midfield and Fewell decides to play Prevent defense with the corners giving massive cushion it makes you wonder WTF is the strategy here....and point blank period that strategy is ******ed ..... 9 out of 10 times Giants give up the first down anyways..... the other times giants will stop them but give them a good amount of yards for a decent FG shot

OR

The stubborn and ignorant decision to constantly rely on the front for 99% of the time..... It became very clear halfway through the season that the front four alone was not getting pressure ...... With no extra help it was easy for other teams to double the only real threat (JPP) therefore limiting him...... Tuck and Osi were/are clearly not elite anymore...yet were relied on to bring the heat..... The FEW times the pressure was brought we saw the results .....whether by pressure or sacks.... I mean look at Blackburn he has what the same amount of sacks or near as Tuck? That was because crazy enough the FEW times Chase was set to blitz it was SUCCESSFUL.....and this is Chase we're talking about here....... But due to Fewells IGNORANCE he stuck with his ineffective gameplan..or lack there of.....

Yes we had injuries and that is part of the problem...but it was mostly because Fewell's strategy sucks.... This defense has to much talent ... minus the LB core (I dont mind them imo though) to have been ranked 27th and 31st in defense for the last 2 years

Spags had half the talent and our defense was smashmouth awesome

Fewell needs to get his stubburn ignorant head out of his a**