+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Giants In Review: Perry Fewell

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    Look I understand some of you saying its the players..and i agree that they are part of the problem..... But seriously ignoring Fewells schemes is just blind..... When the opposing team has 3rd and long between the Giants 40-midfield and Fewell decides to play Prevent defense with the corners giving massive cushion it makes you wonder WTF is the strategy here....and point blank period that strategy is ******ed ..... 9 out of 10 times Giants give up the first down anyways..... the other times giants will stop them but give them a good amount of yards for a decent FG shot

OR

The stubborn and ignorant decision to constantly rely on the front for 99% of the time..... It became very clear halfway through the season that the front four alone was not getting pressure ...... With no extra help it was easy for other teams to double the only real threat (JPP) therefore limiting him...... Tuck and Osi were/are clearly not elite anymore...yet were relied on to bring the heat..... The FEW times the pressure was brought we saw the results .....whether by pressure or sacks.... I mean look at Blackburn he has what the same amount of sacks or near as Tuck? That was because crazy enough the FEW times Chase was set to blitz it was SUCCESSFUL.....and this is Chase we're talking about here....... But due to Fewells IGNORANCE he stuck with his ineffective gameplan..or lack there of.....

Yes we had injuries and that is part of the problem...but it was mostly because Fewell's strategy sucks.... This defense has to much talent ... minus the LB core (I dont mind them imo though) to have been ranked 27th and 31st in defense for the last 2 years

Spags had half the talent and our defense was smashmouth awesome

Fewell needs to get his stubburn ignorant head out of his a**

These same people that make excuses for Fewel by blaming all of the defensive players are the same ones slamming KG. Anybody watching these games
    should have recognized the confusion on the defensive side of the ball. I loved the comment about Fewels "Bend and Break" scheme. He was god awful. Im not a DC but Im not giving 10 yard cushions on third and 4. This was an utter embarrassment and somebody needs to pay.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The key to our success on defense is simple................ Good players who stay healthy.
    If we have that it won't matter who the DC is.
    Right, then maybe we should have kept Sheridan

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Exile View Post
    Don't post legit facts. You will get flamed.
    How many games did the Giants give up over 100 yards rushing. This defense is crap covered in burnt hair thrown is garbage water. People on here can pound their chests about the Giants being average in points allowed even though teams could march up and down the field on them all day long and keep the Giants offense off the field.

Also, for those who point to 2011 and the Giants Superbowl victory think about this: Eli had to throw for 5,000 yards in order to make the playoffs and we needed practically every single on to make it. Are you resting all your hope playoff hopes on Victor Cruz receiving for over 1,500 yards in order to squeak into the playoffs? I'm not...

Players played like crap. I'm not a big Fewell fan, but the players played like crap when they're not injured.

I'll take a proven top-flight DC over Fewell, but I believe that for this year that the fault lays with the players.

All-Pro

Our Cords exposed this year

Defense was horrible and not only pass defense but rush defense too. Basically opponents could pick there poison on us and it didnt matter. Even 3 string RBs had career days.

31st total yards ?? There should be some head crackings !.

Now if we had a good DC and he was able to change some things motivate, scheme whatever maybe he could have overcome some of our offensive shortcomings. Heck he is the Coach !!!

offense

Take a way a couple of games vs really really bad defensive teams like ourselves and check out the numbers Saints, Bucs,Browns, Panthers, Eagles in GM2.
    Scarry

Dont blame Nicks injury. We have pro bowler in Cruz, and we have a lot of capable bodies out there Randel, hixon, Bennet etc I dont want to hear Nicks is the reason. You need to adapt other teams do, look at GB. your telling me minus Nicks our offense shouldnt be better then most teams in the NFL ?
    Why did we struggle down the stretch. Why didnt we change our offense more ?? Why did Eli look like Eli of old and not eli of last year. We have same QB and OC for how many years now. Why does red zone offense struggle so much ?

We were not very good on both sides of the ball but yet with both cords and we are magically going to turn everything around next year ??

The whole league got better on the giants and we took a step back it seems. Where do you see us in our own division. Dont think for a second that Skins wont be better next year they will be, Dallas is solid on defense and should be more consistent and better on offense next year. We might be battling the eagles for last place if we dont get out s together.

All-Pro
    My solution would be bring Spags back which I think he will be let go next year. Bring in a new OC which will get rid of our Low % deep down filed passing game that isnt working. Make this team more physical up front on both sides of the ball. We clearly got eaten alive up the middle of our defense. A DT priority for sure and some LBers that can run and tackle seeing we will be facing RG3 and more and more running QBs in the league.
    I think the running game is actually pretty good when we actually stuck to it and committed to it.

Coughlin has already stated that there will be no coaching changes. Move on.

All-Pro
    YES! Another thread about the DC and OC. Didn't think there would be another one today.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    YES! Another thread about the DC and OC. Didn't think there would be another one today.
    LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Defense was horrible and not only pass defense but rush defense too. Basically opponents could pick there poison on us and it didnt matter. Even 3 string RBs had career days.

31st total yards ?? There should be some head crackings !.

Now if we had a good DC and he was able to change some things motivate, scheme whatever maybe he could have overcome some of our offensive shortcomings. Heck he is the Coach !!!

offense

Take a way a couple of games vs really really bad defensive teams like ourselves and check out the numbers Saints, Bucs,Browns, Panthers, Eagles in GM2.
    Scarry

Dont blame Nicks injury. We have pro bowler in Cruz, and we have a lot of capable bodies out there Randel, hixon, Bennet etc I dont want to hear Nicks is the reason. You need to adapt other teams do, look at GB. your telling me minus Nicks our offense shouldnt be better then most teams in the NFL ?
    Why did we struggle down the stretch. Why didnt we change our offense more ?? Why did Eli look like Eli of old and not eli of last year. We have same QB and OC for how many years now. Why does red zone offense struggle so much ?

We were not very good on both sides of the ball but yet with both cords and we are magically going to turn everything around next year ??

The whole league got better on the giants and we took a step back it seems. Where do you see us in our own division. Dont think for a second that Skins wont be better next year they will be, Dallas is solid on defense and should be more consistent and better on offense next year. We might be battling the eagles for last place if we dont get out s together.
    Yes we were 31st in total yards given up on defense (which is a silly standard)
    But we were 12th in points against (which is more important) and we were 3rd in turnovers created (which is VERY important)
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread