+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Lavar2's Mock Draft 1.0

  1. #11
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Nix is a top 10 pick.
    I was just fawning over him,,I know we won't get near him in the draft.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by lavar2 View Post
    Well, I am thinking we are going to move Kiwi back to full-time DE and maybe sign a guy at that spot like Bennett or Michael Johnson. So I'm not 100% sure DE will be a huge need. Our secondary got torched all season so I really think we will go heavy there in the draft. Plus I see Mathieu as a project guy that can step in and return some kicks till he is ready. Rhodes like the guys from Seattle is big and physical. I think he could really help us a lot. Plus Williams and Bostic are fast, physical guys who could be some studs.
    Dont have money to sign a player like Michael Johnson

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lavar2 View Post
    Well, I am thinking we are going to move Kiwi back to full-time DE and maybe sign a guy at that spot like Bennett or Michael Johnson. So I'm not 100% sure DE will be a huge need. Our secondary got torched all season so I really think we will go heavy there in the draft. Plus I see Mathieu as a project guy that can step in and return some kicks till he is ready. Rhodes like the guys from Seattle is big and physical. I think he could really help us a lot. Plus Williams and Bostic are fast, physical guys who could be some studs.
    We're strapped cap wise, so I don't see us signing a decent talent to bolster a position. Our signings will most likely be depth moves this year.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    we need a LB even more than DE
    We don't need anything more than we need a DE right now.

    (except maybe a DC)

  5. #15
    [QUOTE=Kruunch;659017]We don't need anything more than we need a DE right now.

    (except maybe a DC)[/QUOTE I would say we need a pass rusher more than we need anything else if thats a DE fantastic.The only other pick without trading back that wont make me crazy is a CB. If there isnt a pass rusher or CB worth the pick id move off it.

  6. #16
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,426
    Quote Originally Posted by lavar2 View Post
    1. Xavier Rhodes CB FSU

    2. DJ Fluker OG/OT Bama

    3. Jon Bostic ILB Florida

    4. Shawn Williams SS Georgia

    5. Tyrann Mathieu CB/KR LSU

    6. Eric Martin DE Nebraska

    7. Caleb Sturgis K FSU

    Thoughts?
    I'm not a huge Fluker guy, becuase i feel we got enough problems with guys taking plays off and showing up when they feel like it, that we should stay away from anyone with that kinda mentality, which Fluker seems to be.. Rhodes at 19 seems a bit early to me as well. I like em, but think hes more a late 1st kinda guy, early 2nd.. Better value then that, i believe.. I got no issues with Bostic, because hes a solid player and MLB is a pretty big need and i like the pick of Sturgis becuase i've never really been a huge Tynes guy.. I just don't trust em, except with stuff any NFL Kicker should make, and even then he has a tendancy to barley make some easy ones..

    I like the value of Shwan Williams, all though i don't care for the player.. One dimensional type player.. Mathieu is interesting and i woulden't mind seeing how he does, but the pick makes me nervous.. I don't know Martin.

  7. #17
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,426
    [QUOTE=Redeyejedi;659038]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    We don't need anything more than we need a DE right now.

    (except maybe a DC)[/QUOTE I would say we need a pass rusher more than we need anything else if thats a DE fantastic.The only other pick without trading back that wont make me crazy is a CB. If there isnt a pass rusher or CB worth the pick id move off it.
    With so many Jr's declaring, its a fantastic yr to gather extra picks.. On top of that, both New Orleans and Clevland have no 2ndrders, so theres 2more players going to be on the board..

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    We don't need anything more than we need a DE right now.

    (except maybe a DC)
    I would say we need a pass rusher more than we need anything else if thats a DE fantastic.The only other pick without trading back that wont make me crazy is a CB. If there isnt a pass rusher or CB worth the pick id move off it.
    I agree and I think between a DE and CB we'll have a pick to make at #19. I don't see us trading back but we trade in the draft so seldomly I never think of us doing it even when it makes sense to (and that includes with the new CBA). Accordingly, I don't see any player worth trading up for in this draft.

  9. #19
    [QUOTE=nycsportzfan;659043]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    With so many Jr's declaring, its a fantastic yr to gather extra picks.. On top of that, both New Orleans and Clevland have no 2ndrders, so theres 2more players going to be on the board..
    I would tend to agree ... we just don't trade generally speaking.

  10. #20
    Already heard reports Mathieu won't make it past 3rd round, but 2nd more likely.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts