+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Norv Turner To Join Browns' Staff As OC

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Damn. Well, TC was already adamant about not getting rid of Killdrive, so it was a pipe dream at best...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

This one is interesting... Norv could actually make the Browns relevant. Too bad he's stuck with another scattershot quarterback in Old Man Weeden.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-11-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Norv Turner's status as an offensive genius is overstated IMO. How did Philip Rivers do the last 2 years under Norv?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Norv Turner's status as an offensive genius is overstated IMO. How did Philip Rivers do the last 2 years under Norv?
    I wouldn't say it's all on the coaching. Look how good Rivers was earlier in his career.

AJ Smith deserves a lot of blame. Rivers top receiver is Malcolm Floyd and his OL sucks. Ryan Mathews, a back they traded up far in the draft to get has been a huge disappointment. If he isn't hurt, he's losing snaps to bums like Ronnie Brown and Jackie Battle.

Eli understood what a poorly ran franchise that SD was, I think we as fans are starting to realize that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's all on the coaching. Look how good Rivers was earlier in his career.

AJ Smith deserves a lot of blame. Rivers top receiver is Malcolm Floyd and his OL sucks. Ryan Mathews, a back they traded up far in the draft to get has been a huge disappointment. If he isn't hurt, he's losing snaps to bums like Ronnie Brown and Jackie Battle.

Eli understood what a poorly ran franchise that SD was, I think we as fans are starting to realize that, too.
    If the same thing happened here, it would be blamed on the coaching, so . . ..

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    If the same thing happened here, it would be blamed on the coaching, so . . ..
    The same thing doesn't need to happen here for everyone to want the coaches fired. People wanted Fewell and Gilbride fired even after we won the SB.

You mean under Shelmon and Hunter? Norv wasn't OC in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    You mean under Shelmon and Hunter? Norv wasn't OC in San Diego.
    So the offensive genius takes no blame for Rivers' troubles the last 2 years? Okay

I think this hire is huge for Weeden, Gordon, and Richardson.