+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Message Delivered Loud and Clear To Tim Tebow: QB's Game Not Suited To NFL

Message Delivered Loud and Clear To Tim Tebow: QB's Game Not Suited To NFL

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--me...234705448.html

Excerpt: "It may not seem logical, but newly hired Jacksonville Jaguars general manager David Caldwell just did more to help Tim Tebow's career than anyone Tebow has been around in his three NFL seasons. Caldwell, in a few simple words, was completely forthright about Tebow's lack of quarterbacking skill.

On Thursday, when Caldwell was introduced to the Jacksonville media, he was asked the elephant-in-the-room question about Tebow, who currently is on the New York Jets' roster. Would Caldwell be willing to bring Tebow home to Jacksonville, where he starred in high school and then traveled just down the road to Gainesville to help the University of Florida win two national championships?

"I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar," Caldwell said.

A reporter, apparently dumbfounded by the directness of the response, even asked Caldwell to repeat that quote and Caldwell did.

Boom.

Now all of this will lead to plenty of sarcastic responses from Tebow critics, including snarky remarks about how Tebow's career is over. It will get just as many responses from Tebowmaniacs who believe the NFL is somehow out to embarrass their hero because of his Christian values.
    Fact is, Caldwell just did Tebow a favor by conveying what so many others – including Rex Ryan, most recently – have refused to say: the way Tebow plays quarterback right now doesn't work in the NFL." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

It's kind of sad watching Tebow the person going through all this. But I'm really tired of the media sensation surrounding him.
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It's kind of sad watching Tebow the person going through all this. But I'm really tired of the media sensation surrounding him.
    I was thinking the same thing. He became a side show and now what?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

The Patriots will probably pick him up - he was Josh McDaniels' guy, afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The Patriots will probably pick him up - he was Josh McDaniels' guy, afterall.
    Not to mention they're always looking for tight ends...
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Not to mention they're always looking for tight ends...
    Hah yeah, no doubt they could find some use for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He became a side show and now what?
    CFL

+ Reply to Thread