+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    id love to work for some of you, boss can i get a raise i landed that big account 2 years ago. oh and i want total job security too
    Depends if your position is performance based and the last thing you did was 2 year's ago why should I keep you now?

i just dont have a famous last name.
    I was being sarcastic,,but I am sure you knew that.

id love to work for some of you, boss can i get a raise i landed that big account 2 years ago. oh and i want total job security too
    You traded for the guy because you want to win a Super Bowl, he delivered two, so I'd say he more than did his job. And he was due his money because his contract was restructured. If your boss told you that you were owed a certain amount of salary after landing those two big accounts and then they decided to defer it to another year, would you not ask for that money the next year? They still owed you that money. If you are still the face of the company, and you are still the best chance to land a big account, then not giving you a job security is foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    You traded for the guy because you want to win a Super Bowl, he delivered two, so I'd say he more than did his job. And he was due his money because his contract was restructured. If your boss told you that you were owed a certain amount of salary after landing those two big accounts and then they decided to defer it to another year, would you not ask for that money the next year? They still owed you that money. If you are still the face of the company, and you are still the best chance to land a big account, then not giving you a job security is foolish.
    the thing is the QB gets sb credit but we all know the solid defense wins it. won it for peyton big b and rodgers. you have to have all pieces and a bit of luck.

i think marino is the best qb of all times.

the thing is the QB gets sb credit but we all know the solid defense wins it. won it for peyton big b and rodgers. you have to have all pieces and a bit of luck.

He still played well enough to get us to those 2 SB's.

It's the whole team but you have to have faith in your QB, and Eli Manning had been clutch during the two post-season runs. If it was that easy, then ask Tony Romo or the other QBs in our division since Eli joined the team. How many won a Super Bowl, or even made it to the Super Bowl? Or ask why the Giants traded for him in the first place, because that position is the most important for the team and that's what always what the Giants was missing. Strahan and Toomer were playing for a long time and never won till Eli came along. The Giants won it all with a 9-7 record, which other team could make it happen without a legit QB?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    About drafting a QB? Absolutely. Why not have a capable QB behind Eli? He is 32 and only getting older. He took a ton of shots this year. He wont last forever. If he goes down, we dont want a "Colts" type situation where we have nothing and no chance. Although it worked out for them the following year.
    The funny thing is we have Curtis Painter to a reserve/future contract now...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The funny thing is we have Curtis Painter to a reserve/future contract now...
    Poor Eli, still receiving hand-me-downs from his older brother...
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-11-2013 at 08:07 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    It's the whole team but you have to have faith in your QB, and Eli Manning had been clutch during the two post-season runs. If it was that easy, then ask Tony Romo or the other QBs in our division since Eli joined the team. How many won a Super Bowl, or even made it to the Super Bowl? Or ask why the Giants traded for him in the first place, because that position is the most important for the team and that's what always what the Giants was missing. Strahan and Toomer were playing for a long time and never won till Eli came along. The Giants won it all with a 9-7 record, which other team could make it happen without a legit QB?
    Conversely... what "legit QB" has done it without a supporting cast... like a decent O-line, WRs that can catch and maybe even a running game? The answer to that is none. Look at this year, many have said Eli had a rough year because the O-line and receivers, and he has won 2 SBs, so I assume he would be about as legit as they come... right? You can certainly name mediocre QBs that have won the SB, Hostetler and Dilfer come to mind.

If the conversation is the $20M cap hit... no QB is worth that hit because it means you can't provide the supporting cast to win, no matter how great that QB is. I seriously doubt they will allow that much to hit the cap this year for one player, regardless of how important he is to the team.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Conversely... what "legit QB" has done it without a supporting cast... like a decent O-line, WRs that can catch and maybe even a running game? The answer to that is none. Look at this year, many have said Eli had a rough year because the O-line and receivers, and he has won 2 SBs, so I assume he would be about as legit as they come... right? You can certainly name mediocre QBs that have won the SB, Hostetler and Dilfer come to mind.

If the conversation is the $20M cap hit... no QB is worth that hit because it means you can't provide the supporting cast to win, no matter how great that QB is. I seriously doubt they will allow that much to hit the cap this year for one player, regardless of how important he is to the team.
    ELI MANNING, my friend! Here's his stats from profootball last season and please remember we were LAST in rushing last season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...w-york-giants/

"Any time a season ends with a Super Bowl ring, it will always be remembered fondly, but Eli Manning had a truly remarkable season that deserves looking at in more detail.

The raw numbers are impressive in themselves: 4,933 yards, 29 touchdowns, 61% completion percentage, and a QB rating of 92.9 over the regular season, but what doesnít show is the unique challenges that Eli had to face.

While the other passers in our Top 10 list saw no more than 147 total pressures last season, Eli Manning was subjected to a massive 220 in the same number of games. Thatís well over four more per game, and matters only got worse in the playoffs. In the face of that, Manning managed to put up excellent numbers and his performances and grades only improved as the season went on, saving his best performance for the biggest game of them allĖSuper Bowl XLVI.

While most quarterbacks see their passer rating plummet in the face of pressure, Manning was still able to earn a QB rating of 81.2 when his throwing was disrupted and itís those passes in particular that made the difference between a good season and a truly memorable one.

Making his performance even more remarkable was that the Giants were as aggressive as any team with their passing attack, aiming deep with determined regularity. Manning threw deep (20+ yards in the air) 20 times more than any other quarterback in the league, and remained near the top of the list in terms of accuracy on those passes. He threw for over 1,000 yards on go-routes alone last season as the Giants attacked the top of teamsí coverages.

In addition to all of these traits, Manning also proved to be exceptionally clutch, ranking second in the league in touchdowns on third*down with 13; showing that when his back was up against the wall, he was at his best. Other quarterbacks may have put up better numbers, but it is the way in which Eli Manning produced his and the factors working against him that makes his season stand out and catapults him into the Top 10 of our ranking."

+ Reply to Thread