+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Seems excessive, but the salaries seem excessive to me. Well JR get busy and figure this thing out; but from my perspective the next few years will not be pretty!
    I would think Reese has been working on this since he was promoted.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    also, 21 free agents is not a problem if you don't plan to re-sign them all. A majority do not want Osi back. I thinking the Giants only re-sign 4-5 at best and the rest will be testing out the FA market.

but you then have to have $$$ to replace them, over the cap and 22 players to sign and rookies , not good

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    but you then have to have $$$ to replace them, over the cap and 22 players to sign and rookies , not good
    Also not all that unusual
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Here's where the team owners did help themseleves out a bit with the current CBA. All Rookie Contracts are capped and the amount years are set.

Poor RG3 has to play 4 years (3 more now) being run into the ground just to approximately match Eli's cap hit for 2013.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-12-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Here's where the team owners did help themseleves out a bit with the current CBA. All Rookie Contracts are capped and the amount years are set.

Poor RG3 has to play 4 years (3 more now) being run into the ground to approximately match Eli's cap hit for 2013.
    Your assuming RG III will be RG III when he is done with rehab.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Your assuming RG III will be RG III when he is done with rehab.
    We're all Giants fans. We'll assume the best.

The Redskins will make him play out his contract or keep him as a backup for the rest of his contract regardless. He still has an arm for the moment. He won't cost them much in terms of team salary cap under his rookie contract.

We're all Giants fans. We'll assume the best.

The Redskins will make him play out his contract or keep him as a backup for the rest of his contract regardless. He won't cost them much in terms of team salary cap under his rookie contract.
    Every time I think we should push player "X" back from an injury something like RG III happens and I realize we handle the injuries the right way.

# 80

Every time I think we should push player "X" back from an injury something like RG III happens and I realize we handle the injuries the right way.
    Well that's because unlike the Redskins, the Giants and a majority of people with common sense in this world actually listen to their doctors.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-12-2013 at 02:26 PM.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Also not all that unusual
    not unusal but when you need upgrades as well as re sign players its an issue. i expect some enjoy their team fielding 2nd string players as starters.

Apart from Hakeem Nicks, of course.

+ Reply to Thread