+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    I guess depending on the added amount of money that's in the new years.
    I can't imagine them extending a contract that still has three years left before FA. Eli could play lights out for three years or not. Extending him now does not favor the team.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-11-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    How much do you think other teams would value Eli at? I doubt any would be willing to take on $20M a season for him, but I could be wrong. Maybe a team like Arizona or KC would do it.

I truely think we need to look at a capable backup QB in the draft. 1st, to give Eli some push and motivation to actually play well knowing he has a youngster breathing down his neck. 2nd, incase Eli gets hurt because David Carr is horrible and wouldn;t win us a game. and 3rd, to build for the future. If Eli is 3 years away from the end of his contract, could we head another way in 3years? Lets get someone under him to learn from him.
    Find a team desperate for a QB who's already won 2 Super Bowls? Shouldn't be too hard.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Here's the highest paid this season:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-2...fl-2012-9?op=1

Vick at 9 for almost $14 mil and Rivers at 6 for a little over $15 mil, both with no Super Bowls.

All-Pro
    Well he's not taking a pay cut so we better hope he does play like a top 5 QB next year.

How much do you think other teams would value Eli at? I doubt any would be willing to take on $20M a season for him, but I could be wrong. Maybe a team like Arizona or KC would do it.

I truely think we need to look at a capable backup QB in the draft. 1st, to give Eli some push and motivation to actually play well knowing he has a youngster breathing down his neck. 2nd, incase Eli gets hurt because David Carr is horrible and wouldn;t win us a game. and 3rd, to build for the future. If Eli is 3 years away from the end of his contract, could we head another way in 3years? Lets get someone under him to learn from him.
    I really, really hope your not serious.

People want to win Super Bowls and not pay while other teams have been paying more obscene money to other players while not winning one.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    I really, really hope your not serious.
    I think he is, whic is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Well he's not taking a pay cut so we better hope he does play like a top 5 QB next year.
    I think Eli won't let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    I think he is, whic is incredible.
    It's the annual freak out about the CAP. Not to worry.

Yeah, and pushing it to the last 3 years of his contract... 2013,2014 and 2015. He needs to take a paycut. Sorry, but it is true. He got us rings, but his salary is so inflated it will cripple this team for the next 3 years.
    This is all Reese's doing, Eli doesn't need to do a thing.

If Eli's salary is inflated this season, then it was deflated during the 2011 SB season. You judge a contract's worth as a whole, not year to year.

+ Reply to Thread