+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Big Ben is getting $20 million too next year.
    not really thats his cap hit ,he has restructured a few times also.

ben makes avg 10mill a season and eli 15mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    not really thats his cap hit ,he has restructured a few times also.

ben makes avg 10mill a season and eli 15mil.
    I don't know. I read this the other day:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/19...3_01042013.png
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Lol you guys are *****ing about Eli's contract now after hindsight of him having a down year??? Where were you guys last year when he was tearing up the league. Just deal with it he is better then 28 other starting quarterbacks and has 2 SB's. He deserves that money. The are some quarterbacks that haven't won jack **** and almost get that much.

All-Pro
    Just because another team overpaid a player doesn't mean that Giants fans should just be ok with the way Eli played this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Just because another team overpaid a player doesn't mean that Giants fans should just be ok with the way Eli played this year.
    Didn't say that, but it's pretty dumb to think Eli is going to be superman every year. Giants fans are the only fans that constantly say the stupidest crap about a quarterback that has brought them 2 lombardis, just because he is not Phil Simms. Eli was not the only problem this year we all know how many things hampered this team. Everyone should know what they are going to get with Eli by now.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Didn't say that, but it's pretty dumb to think Eli is going to be superman every year. Giants fans are the only fans that constantly say the stupidest crap about a quarterback that has brought them 2 lombardis, just because he is not Phil Simms. Eli was not the only problem this year we all know how many things hampered this team. Everyone should know what they are going to get with Eli by now.
    For what he is making next year though he better be much better than tis season.

For what he is making next year though he better be much better than tis season.
    That's not fair to say either, when you restructure, you have to balloon subsequent seasons' payments. That's not the player's fault.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's the annual freak out about the CAP. Not to worry.

Exactly.

I just started reading this thread and rather than reply to individuals I figured I'd just start counting the idiots who do not understand the market until I get to the end.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's not fair to say either, when you restructure, you have to balloon subsequent seasons' payments. That's not the player's fault.
    Either way, its a lot of money and they need him to play like the franchise QB they signed.

Either way, its a lot of money and they need him to play like the franchise QB they signed.
    Don't get me wrong, he does need to play better. But to say he needs to play better this season because of his inflated CAP hit really doesn't make sense. His contract, in the aggregate, is what it is. Very few of us pissed and moaned when he and Reese signed the deal.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1