+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 270

Thread: Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

  1. #201
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,367
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Don't get me wrong, he does need to play better. But to say he needs to play better this season because of his inflated CAP hit really doesn't make sense. His contract, in the aggregate, is what it is. Very few of us pissed and moaned when he and Reese signed the deal.
    It is fair to say though. He himself said he is a top 5 QB and he wanted to be paid like one at the time of his signing. He restructured and he knew what he would be making this next year. He absolutely has to play better and yes it's also because if what he will be making.

  2. #202
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    It is fair to say though. He himself said he is a top 5 QB and he wanted to be paid like one at the time of his signing. He restructured and he knew what he would be making this next year. He absolutely has to play better and yes it's also because if what he will be making.
    He didn't initiate the restructure, the team did. Over 7 years he gets $107M. It's really immaterial when he gets it. He also gets $500K a year as a work out bonus. We've already learned he's "weak."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #203
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,460
    Wow, I'm honestly impressed, only three bona fide morons after 200 posts. I didn't add in the 2 posters whose comments were so ridiculous I assumed they were joking. It's like almost everyone around here took intelligence pills or something.

    Someone should have shared theirs with the denver secondary, they'd still be playing ball.......

  4. #204
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,367
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He didn't initiate the restructure, the team did. Over 7 years he gets $107M. It's really immaterial when he gets it. He also gets $500K a year as a work out bonus. We've already learned he's "weak."
    Lol. Yeah, but it didn't hurt him to do it either. How ever it happened, they need him to be very good next year.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Wow, I'm honestly impressed, only three bona fide morons after 200 posts. I didn't add in the 2 posters whose comments were so ridiculous I assumed they were joking. It's like almost everyone around here took intelligence pills or something.

    Someone should have shared theirs with the denver secondary, they'd still be playing ball.......
    The real question is who are those three? LOL!

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Exactly.

    I just started reading this thread and rather than reply to individuals I figured I'd just start counting the idiots who do not understand the market until I get to the end.
    Hope you have a calculator handy, and a lot of free time

  7. #207
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,460
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    The real question is who are those three? LOL!

    I only handle the sarcasm around here. You'll need to cll Obviousman for that....although it shouldn't be too tough to figure out.

  8. #208
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. Yeah, but it didn't hurt him to do it either. How ever it happened, they need him to be very good next year.
    I agree he needs to play better, he agrees he needs to play better. ALMOST every body else agrees he needs to play better. He makes an obscene amount of money but that's the price of admission.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #209
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,367
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I agree he needs to play better, he agrees he needs to play better. ALMOST every body else agrees he needs to play better. He makes an obscene amount of money but that's the price of admission.
    Him playing better and healthy players should do wonders for this team.

  10. #210
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Him playing better and healthy players should do wonders for this team.
    I would certainly hope so
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts