+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yep cant do much about it. $15 sure is aq big chunk. i think he should have got 100mill 10 years like big ben. 10mill a season is more than fair. but what can we do
    It is all of that. Eli was seen as the franchise and they wanted to put him under wraps. We always talk about what the team wants/does but rarely acknowledge there is an agent (and Archie) pulling strings on the other side.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Yeah, and pushing it to the last 3 years of his contract... 2013,2014 and 2015. He needs to take a paycut. Sorry, but it is true. He got us rings, but his salary is so inflated it will cripple this team for the next 3 years.
    he wont take a pay cut and shouldnt either...
    the Giants made the deal now they have to figure things out....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    he wont take a pay cut and shouldnt either...
    the Giants made the deal now they have to figure things out....
    Hey there. You are absolutely right. They can massge it as best they can, but, in the end, as Harooni says, it is what it is.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Super Bowl MVPs don't come cheap...and I bet no one will trade those two Super Bowls for any Giants money. It's this "what have you done for me lately?" that's the issue. Some fans seem to be suffering from short-term memory or selective amnesia.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    So if I'm reading you correctly RF, he was entitled to give us $7 million less in performance value?
    Guess we are entitled to a 20million dollar performance next year, I look forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Super Bowl MVPs don't come cheap...and I bet no one will trade those two Super Bowls for any Giants money. It's this "what have you done for me lately?" that's the issue. Some fans seem to be suffering from short-term memory or selective amnesia.
    It doesn't matter, he's under contract and he's entitled to get every dime.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Guess we are entitled to a 20million dollar performance next year, I look forward to it
    Was he underpaid in the years we won the Super Bowl?

fans get confused , he didnt make less during 2011 season and he isnt making more this season, its the cap number (number that takes up cap space) Eli did and always got his $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    fans get confused , he didnt make less during 2011 season and he isnt making more this season, its the cap number (number that takes up cap space) Eli did and always got his $$$$
    Deservedly so. As I said, I doubt anyone wants to trade those 2 Super Bowls, so you got the 2 Super Bowls for your money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Was he underpaid in the years we won the Super Bowl?
    Cmon Ro I'm just joking around!

+ Reply to Thread