+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Deservedly so. As I said, I doubt anyone wants to trade those 2 Super Bowls, so you got the 2 Super Bowls for your money.
    true it does redeem the cost

one could argue did we need a $15mill qb to score under 20 points each superbowl. i think a game manager and good running game would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It doesn't matter, he's under contract and he's entitled to get every dime.
    +1

the least of our problems is that we have a 2 time SB MVP QB who we're paying $20 mill a season.

regardless of how he played this year, there's no way in hell we win that SB without him. so for people suggesting that Eli somehow isn't worth what he's getting paid is completely insane. there's a whole bunch of $15-20 mill QBs in the NFL, and we're lucky to have one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post

one could argue did we need a $15mill qb to score under 20 points each superbowl. i think a game manager and good running game would do it.
    I doubt the Giants will even be close enough to sniff the Super Bowl if you have a game manager in the first place. Eli had ridiculous post-season numbers on his two runs to the Super Bowl. He earned it. Or you can have Mark Sanchez's contract instead:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...peyton-manning

fans get confused , he didnt make less during 2011 season and he isnt making more this season, its the cap number (number that takes up cap space) Eli did and always got his $$$$
    It's confusing how it's paid out, but you're right.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned

fans get confused , he didnt make less during 2011 season and he isnt making more this season, its the cap number (number that takes up cap space) Eli did and always got his $$$$
    It's not just Eli; the labor agreement prevents a players contract from just being erased.

If you renegotiate within the term of the original agreement, this is what happens.
    If you extend, then the old money must go with the new contract with new money added.
    If you cut him, them guaranteed money still counts.
    www.negativityscene.com

Follow me on twitter @negativityscene

yep cant do much about it. $15 sure is aq big chunk. i think he should have got 100mill 10 years like big ben. 10mill a season is more than fair. but what can we do
    Ben resigned for 8 years 102mil in 2008 loaded with "dont be stupid and ride without a helmet" type clauses laced throughout.

Not bad for a quarterback who can end the team's season all by himself.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    I really, really hope your not serious.
    About drafting a QB? Absolutely. Why not have a capable QB behind Eli? He is 32 and only getting older. He took a ton of shots this year. He wont last forever. If he goes down, we dont want a "Colts" type situation where we have nothing and no chance. Although it worked out for them the following year.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Losing him will also cripple the team.
    Never said we should cut him. I was just wondering if another team would out pay us ($20.85M) for him. Just an open question. Obvisouly he is our QB for at least 3 more years.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    About drafting a QB? Absolutely. Why not have a capable QB behind Eli? He is 32 and only getting older. He took a ton of shots this year. He wont last forever. If he goes down, we dont want a "Colts" type situation where we have nothing and no chance. Although it worked out for them the following year.
    Where will be find a quality QB who is willing to sit behind Eli for 3 - 5 years?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread