+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    The team was in 2011 but Eli had tons of 4th quarter comebacks
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    and if we didnt win sb that year or make playoffs coughlin probably would of been fired
    We haven't been a sub .500 team since 2004! So if we don't win the superbowl every year we are collapsing?

Forgot how long many years it was in a row that we didnt make the playoffs heading into 2011-2012 season think it was 2, if we didnt get in and made it 3 coughlin would be out we all know that.

Veteran
    Personally I think developing talent is more important than retaining talent (at certain positions). We have a franchise QB which is the hardest position to develop/fill. There's only a handful of these of QB's and most teams are still trying to find one of their own. I have no problems with us having a lot of money invested in Eli. The better teams in the league are the ones that get the most out of the talent they have and recognize when to cut ties with players who aren't producing well enough. I think we've done a good job developing talent, but have remained too loyal to certain players who clearly underperform whether that's because of age or injury. DD and Nicks are good examples. DD isn't the player he was, and Nicks shouldn't have been playing with his injuries because he was just a liability on the field in most games.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Personally I think developing talent is more important than retaining talent (at certain positions). We have a franchise QB which is the hardest position to develop/fill. There's only a handful of these of QB's and most teams are still trying to find one of their own. I have no problems with us having a lot of money invested in Eli. The better teams in the league are the ones that get the most out of the talent they have and recognize when to cut ties with players who aren't producing well enough. I think we've done a good job developing talent, but have remained too loyal to certain players who clearly underperform whether that's because of age or injury. DD and Nicks are good examples. DD isn't the player he was, and Nicks shouldn't have been playing with his injuries because he was just a liability on the field in most games.
    Mods, please remove this post. Way too logical.

Totally agree. Some people want a game manager as a QB for the Giants. That game manager won't even get deep to the playoffs to manage a game in the Super Bowl. I wonder if these people would like Tony Romo instead, how about Michael Vick who's possibly out of Philly? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because some people feel like he didn't play up to his contract therefore somehow he should take a pay cut.

Silly, I know.
    But, he did play to his contract. He played like a $9.6m QB last season, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    32 isnt young though you start to feel it trust me im 34 . big difference in my recovery time in the gym and playing sports.
    Yeah, now imagine playing college football for 4 years and in the NFL for 10 years. 32 is OLD in the NFL. All those dings and bangs and bumps and bruises and strains and cracks and pulls and knocks add up.

I agree somewhat. Developing talent is very important to sustain a successful franchise. Also the coaching staff is too loyal with guys and not letting the younger guys play, like Barden or Randle, who clearly would of been the better option then Nicks. I feel they also are doing the same with Eli though. Not that we have anyone near what Eli can do for us, in fact if Eli was down this past year, we may have won 2 games. When Eli under performs, and dont tell me he doesnt, there is no one there to go to. Eli looked terrible at times this season, and if not for his big game vs TB or the final Eagles, he would of ended the season with like a 1:1 TD:INT ratio and not even 3400 yards. That is what an elite leader QB does? What if he has that next year at 32 turning 33, making 20.85M? Are we just going to turn a blind eye?

All-Pro
    It's simple. If he plays like he did last year it's not a problem. If he plays like he did this year it is. He is a huge investment for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    It's simple. If he plays like he did last year it's not a problem. If he plays like he did this year it is. He is a huge investment for this team.
    Well he is only getting older, thats what Im trying to say. I dont know about you guys, but I noticed his arm does seem as strong as it once was, especially last season. He under threw the deep ball many many times. Is that old age? Is it not working out? Its something.

As for the person who said DE, LB and QB that 32 isn't old in the NFL, that is hilarious. 32 is old in the NFL no matter what position, maybe except Kicker / Punter. Of course you get the exceptions like Strahan, Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning ect...

+ Reply to Thread