+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    No, they where not, but Eli didn't look like the Eli of last year. WR's come and go but franchise QB's have to be more consistent.
    Last year, both Cruz and Nicks gained a lot of yards after they came down with catches. Both Cruz and Nicks were almost 1,000 yards off to what they did last season. We also had Manningham to mix it up, along with Ballard.

Earlier you said there was no need to blame the coaches. Bull****. I blame Coughlin for allowing Nicks to play over Barden, Randel, and Hixon, just as I blame him for replacing Locklear with Diehl, and that he utilized Bradshaw more than he did both Wilson and Brown, combined.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    There are players that drop the ball and get hurt. But you know what, they bounce back, and they get huge gains after their reception, and dive and put their bodies on the line to reel in a reception.

How many times did you see that happen later in the season? Again, were our receivers getting the separation they needed?
    Was the OLine giving Eli enough time? He had the fewest sacks but the pressures were pretty high
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Can't be too consistent when receivers aren't getting separation, and your #1 receiver is dropping balls and your #2 receiver is hobbling almost all season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Great. More excuses.
    Not excuses. Reality.
    Reality is that you can make those kind of excuses for any QB. It applies to everyone. I can give the exact same reason to explain why Sanchez in fact was not terrible this year. And it makes people who spew that kind of baloney day in and day out look foolish. Give enough excuses and you can make the case that Sanchez is a great QB who is a victim of circumstance.

And compared to Eli's peers - Ben and Rodgers especially, who have had WRs hurt or out, in addition to having a swiss cheese of an offensive line, they don't do nearly as poorly as Eli does when having to deal with that kind of adversity.

So maybe, if you're constantly having to give out these excuses, you may want to revisit whether Eli is as great as you think he is. Seriously, it's been what - 7/8/9 years now?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Reality is that you can make those kind of excuses for any QB. It applies to everyone. I can give the exact same reason to explain why Sanchez in fact was not terrible this year. And it makes people who spew that kind of baloney day in and day out look foolish. Give enough excuses and you can make the case that Sanchez is a great QB who is a victim of circumstance.

And compared to Eli's peers - Ben and Rodgers especially, who have had WRs hurt or out, in addition to having a swiss cheese of an offensive line, they don't do nearly as poorly as Eli does when having to deal with that kind of adversity.

So maybe, if you're constantly having to give out these excuses, you may want to revisit whether Eli is as great as you think he is. Seriously, it's been what - 7/8/9 years now?
    Your Sanchez analogy falls flat on its face, though. The poor decisions Sanchez makes the poor decisions Eli makes look like brilliant ideas. Also, Sanchez can't make all the throws that's needed to play at a high level in the NFL. He's horrible throwing downfield and outside the numbers. He's mediocre at best. Did Sanchez get any help this year? No. But, it doesn't change the fact that he's not a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Your Sanchez analogy falls flat on its face, though. The poor decisions Sanchez makes the poor decisions Eli makes look like brilliant ideas. Also, Sanchez can't make all the throws that's needed to play at a high level in the NFL. He's horrible throwing downfield and outside the numbers. He's mediocre at best. Did Sanchez get any help this year? No. But, it doesn't change the fact that he's not a good QB.
    No but fact is, I can make the same excuses in Sanchez's defense. I can attribute his bad decision making on all the coaching turnover and the fact that he's had 2 poor offensive co-ordinators. It's impossible for any QB to succed in a circus that is the Jets. The guy has absolutely no talent to work with and has no go-to guy. They can't run the ball either. The guy can't win.

It sounds pretty bad doesn't it? Well, when people continue to make these kinds of excuses for Eli, Tebow, or god knows who else as it doesn't matter, it just looks really bad. And it's why people just roll their eyes.

No but fact is, I can make the same excuses in Sanchez's defense. I can attribute his bad decision making on all the coaching turnover and the fact that he's had 2 poor offensive co-ordinators. It's impossible for any QB to succed in a circus that is the Jets. The guy has absolutely no talent to work with and has no go-to guy. They can't run the ball either. The guy can't win.

It sounds pretty bad doesn't it? Well, when people continue to make these kinds of excuses for Eli, Tebow, or god knows who else as it doesn't matter, it just looks really bad. And it's why people just roll their eyes.
    Even when Sanchez had help he was a very flawed QB. His first two years weren't so bad but he definitely needs A LOT more help than Eli or other QB do. Sanchez fell flat on his face this year and nobody can deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Even when Sanchez had help he was a very flawed QB. His first two years weren't so bad but he definitely needs A LOT more help than Eli or other QB do. Sanchez fell flat on his face this year and nobody can deny that.
    Fell flat on his lineman's ***, more like.

Did people not see how Ben ended the Steeler's season this year?
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Hey, I'm just re-using excuses. It applies to everyone and can defend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Did people not see how Ben ended the Steeler's season this year?
    Being fixated on the end result is unnecessary and unfair. Fact is, it was one play, one game. If you want to evaluate someone, evaluate them as a whole not off of a small subset of performances. But then, again i shouldn't be surprised seeing htat people (not necessarily you) actually thought we had a great defense just because we won the SB.

+ Reply to Thread