+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    cost of doing business

now Tuck's 6M + 3M in incentives is a bigger waste of money imo
    should add 1M incentive if he can go a whole season without whining like a little *****

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    cost of doing businessnow Tuck's 6M + 3M in incentives is a bigger waste of money imoshould add 1M incentive if he can go a whole season without whining like a little *****
    Man, how quickly do we forget about him being a HUGE part of winning 2 supwrbowls for us. We don't have to blast our players who were such a big part of Giants football becuase they are getting older and can't perform like they used to.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338

aww are you worried it will hurt his feelings?

2 years in a row he's gone to the media about his feelings - his lack of desire
    if he's a Captain again our defense will continue to suck ***

i agree with bansaw to a point, seems tuck wants to hug opposing qb's after the game rather than sack them. Tuck was great and one of my fav players, but business is business and i hope reese cuts some of these guys -which i doubt.
    Last edited by Harooni; 01-13-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Man, how quickly do we forget about him being a HUGE part of winning 2 supwrbowls for us. We don't have to blast our players who were such a big part of Giants football becuase they are getting older and can't perform like they used to.
    I agree with you, in theory. But in the media market and on these Boards, what have you done lately is the only consistent theme. Where "we've won two Super Bowls in 5 years" is met with "you can't live in the past." We want, demand a Super Bowl run every season.

Some of the people looking to cut veterans now are the same people who rant against teams for a lack of loyalty and having the latitude to cut players. F I C K L E!

On the flip side, when you're depending on certain players to play up to what had been their potential and they can't, it's very demoralizing. Fans are emotional, it's how they express themselves.

We do need to cut players and try to restructure other contracts, that's just business.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-13-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'm all for veteran loyalty

but back to back years going to the media about your internal struggles to find the desire to play???

cmon....get rid of him, and a defensive captain?? as Tiki would say - COMICAL

As for getting back on topic the best thing to do is Leave Eli's contract alone. Not his fault at all , this is the FO's mess

lol Webster's hit is 9.975M

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    As for getting back on topic the best thing to do is Leave Eli's contract alone. Not his fault at all , this is the FO's mess
    Big Ben is getting $20 million too next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Big Ben is getting $20 million too next year.
    Eli's contract is what it is. I'm pretty sure he's not going to be cut so it's pointless going on about it. To restructure again just makes the next few years as hard to work around as this season. They need to cut players who have peaked.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1