+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Where will be find a quality QB who is willing to sit behind Eli for 3 - 5 years?
    The draft? Look what the Packers did with Rodgers and Favre.

You think the Giants extend his current contract another 2 years?
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-11-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Unfortunately that's not the norm.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

It wasnt the Packs intent for Rodgers to sit that long.

He doesn't become a FA until 2016. It will depend on how well he's playing. Whatever else we think about Eli, he is durable.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    It wasnt the Packs intent for Rodgers to sit that long.
    Maybe not, but it happened. Pack also used a 1st round pick which we would not, but a later pick, why not? What about Kaepernick and Alex Smith, Tom Brady and Bledsoe,

Wouldnt it be nice to get a QB in the 3rd or 4th round and mold him behind Eli for a few years. Develop him.

Thats all Im saying.

Maybe not, but it happened. Pack also used a 1st round pick which we would not, but a later pick, why not? What about Kaepernick and Alex Smith, Russell Wilson and Flynn, Tom Brady and Bledsoe,

Wouldnt it be nice to get a QB in the 3rd or 4th round and mold him behind Eli for a few years. Develop him.

Thats all Im saying.
    And how does Eli react to that?

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And how does Eli react to that?
    Hopefully it would motivate him. I mean, if Eli played at an elite level for the next 3 years and we do extend him a bit more, then we could trade that drafted QB for a good draft pick. Good teams do this all the time. Packers trading Flynn, Pats trading Cassel, Eagles trading Kolb,

Maybe not, but it happened. Pack also used a 1st round pick which we would not, but a later pick, why not? What about Kaepernick and Alex Smith, Tom Brady and Bledsoe,

Thats all Im saying.
    With Alex's Smith's history was anyone surprised a QB was picked up?

Brady/Bledsoe? Sure lets pick up a *6th rounder and hope for the best, we may get lucky too.

Not saying eventually it wouldnt happen, but i think its at least 2 maybe 3 years away from being considered.

*edit - thought it was 7th

Hopefully it would motivate him. I mean, if Eli played at an elite level for the next 3 years and we do extend him a bit more, then we could trade that drafted QB for a good draft pick. Good teams do this all the time. Packers trading Flynn, Pats trading Cassel, Eagles trading Kolb,
    A 3rd round or 4th round pick will motivate Eli? Unless he goes down for a long stretch of games, I doubt Eli will be threatened with his job security in the next 3 years. Plus I think he's motivated enough. You don't win Super Bowls if you're not motivated. Sometimes you just fall short, just like any other 31 teams that will not win it every year.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    A 3rd round or 4th round pick will motivate Eli? Unless he goes down for a long stretch of games, I doubt Eli will be threatened with his job security in the next 3 years. Plus I think he's motivated enough. You don't win Super Bowls if you're not motivated. Sometimes you just fall short, just like any other 31 teams that will not win it every year.
    Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, ect... recent picks rounds 2-4 that would def put some heat on Eli. Not that he needs motivation, maybe I stated that wrong, but someone behind him that gives us a shot to win if he goes down.

And I never said a draft pick would take Eli's starting job as long as he is here. Eli is the man right now. But 20+Mil is quite expesive and will cripple the team the next few years. Cruz or Nicks will be gone. Cant keep both. Phillips may be gone. We need to resign JPP soon. And Joseph.

We are always floating around that point where we can't get a FA becaus we need to be tight. It wont be any differet this season. Reese will hopefully produce a talented team for less.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-11-2013 at 02:57 PM.