+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm only talking about his contract. I'm not trying to link it to his performance. Eli didn't "lose" $7M
    I know. That's where I come in. lol.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Guess we are entitled to a 20million dollar performance next year, I look forward to it
    Exactly. We're in for something special.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Someone needs to call out Eli's eliteness again this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Only? I understand he is tough and never missed a game, but eventually the time comes and 32 is old in this league. And I would like a feasable QB to replace him and have a year or 2 of backup behind Eli to learn from the master. Yes, those QBs were wasted picks in the 5th and 6th rounds, but so was Sintim (2nd), Moss (2nd), Beckum (3rd), Barden (3rd), Kehl (4th), Mosely (4th), ect.... We swing and miss all the time on every position.
    Usually franchise QB comes from a high pick, and usually a lower pick QB ends up being a bench warmer unless the starting QB goes down and you get an opportunity, like Brady. Eli himself was a number one pick, so I am doubtful you'll find a future starting QB deep in the draft pick or even find out that QB's potential if he won't get an opportunity.

I just hope Reese does not restructure again. eli;s cap hit for 2015 could be 50mill lol

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I know. That's where I come in. lol.
    LMAO, you snuck up on me
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    I just hope Reese does not restructure again. eli;s cap hit for 2015 could be 50mill lol
    You can only go to the same well so many times. I think the only reasonable expectation is that some veterans are released.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You can only go to the same well so many times. I think the only reasonable expectation is that some veterans are released.
    sometimes its hard but Reese has to pull the trigger. seems like they fall in love with everyone and try to hang on till the guy can't move. Do not be afraid to let a guy go if his cap space is too high. in some cases we can sign 3 FA's in place of that one guys salary.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Someone needs to call out Eli's eliteness again this offseason.
    No problem there, just wait for the first bad pass

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    sometimes its hard but Reese has to pull the trigger. seems like they fall in love with everyone and try to hang on till the guy can't move. Do not be afraid to let a guy go if his cap space is too high. in some cases we can sign 3 FA's in place of that one guys salary.
    Restructuring, as you've pointed out, only kicks the can down the road.