+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Our Safety situation....Sign KP, Tender Stevie for 2nd...

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    actually my knees are perfectly healthy,,not sure where you were going with that? and KP is no longer a top 5 safety with chronic knee problems,,sorry.
    Might be his point here.. unless he's your doctor and actually knows

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I'd trade him away because he is coming off of a season which I believe he will never again match. Trust me, guys have big seasons and then fall into obscurity. It happens.

Buy low, sell high. It's a very simple concept.
    Ok...so let me get this straight...Your "simple concept" is to trade all of our good players...before they turn to bad players aaaaand replace them with unknown (talent) players, wait for those players to have a good year and then trade them.......over and over? What are we, a minor league prospect farm for the other 31 teams?

I don't think you even understand your own logic.

Stevie brown was a 7th round pic in 2010 the concept of trading him for a 2nd round pic in 2013 is not bad at all .

I know there is a good chance that Stevie Brown won't duplicate his 2012 season with 8 picks. But I think it would be of benefit to re-sign him at a reasonable rate. With a chance that the injury bug follows KP, its good to have a guy that already knows our system. Give him a chance to go out there and show that he is not just some flash in the pan.

I know there are other priorities when it comes to our free agents, but it would be ideal if Reese and the Giants can retain both KP and Brown.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD21 View Post
    Stevie brown was a 7th round pic in 2010 the concept of trading him for a 2nd round pic in 2013 is not bad at all .
    and we replace one of our best playmakers and few bright spots on D this year with who? a totally unproven commodity who may or may not flame out?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    and we replace one of our best playmakers and few bright spots on D this year with who? a totally unproven commodity who may or may not flame out?
    and we all know that the draft can be a crap shoot. It will all come down to the cap number. I'm sure Reese and the staff would like to find a way to keep both KP and Brown on the roster.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    trading a proven playmaker like Stevie Brown for a draft pick that may or may not work out is foolish IMO...
    hes anything but proven

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    hes anything but proven
    Really? What more should he do for you? Bake a cake, shine your shoes? What?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    He had 8 turnovers this season. Great! hopefully, he can do it again next season. Fact is he had one "decent" season. He was a ball hawk, but other than that struggled in both the passing and running game and could hardly tackle.. Lets be real. Also, this was his ONLY season where he played and his INT's were phenomenal and invaluable. I'll wait till I see it again before I call him a "proven" talent, becuase he's not proven yet.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    I would settle for just some better pass coverage.

+ Reply to Thread