+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Our Safety situation....Sign KP, Tender Stevie for 2nd...

Quote Originally Posted by NYFG View Post
    Have similar numbers next year, learn to tackle, not get beat as often. 1 good year is a fluke, 2 good years is a coincidence, 3 good years is proven.
    "learn to tackle and not get beat as often" you just described our entire secondary..

Veteran
    I think getting rid of KP would be a mistake, but maybe not. I'm still really excited about Will Hill though I think he's got all of the tools to be incredible in our secondary. If Brown can duplicate what he did last season we are in good shape. Kenny Phillips goes unnoticed alot but he's hands down our best safty.
    Last edited by ALLnygIN; 01-12-2013 at 11:22 PM.

There's no way in hell we should trade Stevie Brown, a guy who had 7 INTS this year, for a second round pick. KP's had injury issues, and it may be better to let him walk. Also, with Rolle and Hill, we'd have 3 safeties who are capable.

KP is expendible IMO. His injury concerns are far too much risk. I know he has strong supporters on GMB.

BTW, NOBODY is going to give us a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick for Stevie Brown.

Draft picks are the only players that are cap-friendly. That's why we keep duds that we draft for WAYYY too long.

I have to think you're going to pay a second round pick about as much as it would take to sign Brown, and in the Coughlin system, the #2 will be sitting on the bench for two- four years. Brown only has one good season behind him, so he can't really stake a claim for huge bucks. You gotta love how the ball just seems to find it's way to Brown's hands. It would be great if that trend continues; but there's no guarantee.

KP is really questionable signing. His injury history doesn't make him worth a big contract. We'll have to see how those negotiations go.

Don't discount the ability that Will Hill has. If we sign either\or Brown\Phillips we've still got Hill to be either the number 2 or 3 safety. Getting Hill on the field fulltime isn't going to hurt this team at all.

KP is the best safety the Giants have. In the games he played, the defense looked SO MUCH better than games without him. He can cover consistently, tackle and ballhawk whereas Stevie can only ballhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    KP is the best safety the Giants have. In the games he played, the defense looked SO MUCH better than games without him. He can cover consistently, tackle and ballhawk whereas Stevie can only ballhawk.
    I hear ya, but the fact that we have so much basis for comparison (with vs. without KP) tells me he's not worth the kind of money other teams with more cap space and need for a safety will pay. I wish him well, and I hope he gets what he's looking for.

Bench Player
    I definitely think we should not trade Stevie Brown at all. We keep him and watch him prove that he can play here. Does anyone know about Terrell Thomas? I hope he can play with us, I love watching him play.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    "learn to tackle and not get beat as often" you just described our entire secondary..
    Antrelle Rolle is probably the best tackler on this team and KP rarely gets beat over the top.

i think the secondary plays better when KP is in the game but he's always hurt. which is why they should let him go
    Last edited by bigbluenepa; 01-13-2013 at 04:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread