+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House cleaning for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    Release: Sash, Herzlich, Austin
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6487009

Austin looks like a beast. I wonder if it's the injuries that have been holding him back or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    A restructure is not a pay cut...
    Ah ok.......bummer. They should take less pay though, or have more incentive laden contracts vs guranteed money. How much did we pay Tuck for this year and last....for what 9 sacks?!

Veteran
    sooooooooooooo why are we keeping webster?

Re-sign these guys: Carr, Andre Brown, Cruz, Hixon, Bennett, Beatty, Boothe, Tracey, Tryon, Stevie Brown, KP (if he is reasonable)

If they are in our price range, pull the triggerJR...

Restructure: Diehl, Tuck, Webster, Rolle, Canty, Eli

If the FO insists on keeping them around.......they SHOULD restructure. The least they can do wile they are stinking up the place is save us some cap space

I don't see these 3 with us next year.....we will have 4-5 good safeties, don't need a sixth, Austin has had his chance, and Herz is painful to watch at MLB
    Releasing those 3 guys will save us about six bucks and a turkey sandwich.............hardly house cleaning. If you are going to clean house you need to be bold.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I'm very much an amateur when it comes to salary cap 101. I do not envy Reese with the task he has with re-signing or not re-signing our free agents this offseason.

But I would like to see Beatty, Boothe, Bennett, Cruz, KP , A Brown and S. Brown. I dont know how it would affect our cap number for 2013, but I would not be upset if Diehl, Webster and Tuck were shown the door if they could not take a pay cut.

I would like to see the defense addressed most in the offseason, either draft or FA(we probably cant afford too much). In my opinion, the offenses needs a few tweaks, nothing major.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Veteran
    Re-sign these guys: Carr, Andre Brown, Cruz, Hixon, Bennett, Beatty, Boothe, Tracey, Tryon, Stevie Brown, KP (if he is reasonable)

If the FO insists on keeping them around.......they SHOULD restructure. The least they can do wile they are stinking up the place is save us some cap space

I don't see these 3 with us next year.....we will have 4-5 good safeties, don't need a sixth, Austin has had his chance, and Herz is painful to watch at MLB

Also release Carr -too many better qualified back-ups. Besides just signed Curtis Painter.

Webster had an off year granted; but if he comes back to form next year, we've got a very solid pair of corners. There always seem to be these hidden injuries that hold players back that we never hear about until the season's over. He might fall into that group.

Diehl will probably be gently pushed out the door, he simply isn't worth his contract for next year.

KP will only be resigned if the price is right. He's missed nearly 50% of the games in the last four years. Will Hill is waiting in the wings, and I think the Giants are going to really have to get a good contract from KP to keep him. Brown depends on KP and the salary cap. Keeping he and KP isn't going to come easy or cheap.

Carr is expendable. But, I think they need to keep 3 QB next year, one of them being a young guy with starter potential.

With the money Cruz is going to be looking for, and the salary cap situation we're in, something's got to give, and we're going to see some popular players being released or signing elsewhere, there isn't a whole lot that can be done about that. We've got to put some faith in the reserve players, and the draft.

Andre Brown is a possible surprise loss. I think he is a great runner when he's healthy; but he can't seem to stay on the field for many games in season. Torain may have been a cheap pick-up with the potential to replace him.

The issue restructuring a contract is that sooner or later you have to " eat " that cap amount, as we all know restructure doesn't mean pay cut and taking example on Eli his cap number for the next 3 year is practically 60 mill. Same issues with lots of guys that have restructure their contracts this past years son you either trim some fat or Reese would have to make some difficult decisions cutting veterans with bloated contracts . I don't argue your opinion on who should be re-singed be cut from the team but I do think the more important aspect Reese has to take care is the cap as a whole and more important looking into the future because some core pieces are up for a pay check next year and more will follow in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    The issue restructuring a contract is that sooner or later you have to " eat " that cap amount, as we all know restructure doesn't mean pay cut and taking example on Eli his cap number for the next 3 year is practically 60 mill. Same issues with lots of guys that have restructure their contracts this past years son you either trim some fat or Reese would have to make some difficult decisions cutting veterans with bloated contracts . I don't argue your opinion on who should be re-singed be cut from the team but I do think the more important aspect Reese has to take care is the cap as a whole and more important looking into the future because some core pieces are up for a pay check next year and more will follow in years to come.
    Exactly... we're paying for past restructures now, why do even more of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

+ Reply to Thread