+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House cleaning for 2013

House cleaning for 2013

Re-sign these guys: Carr, Andre Brown, Cruz, Hixon, Bennett, Beatty, Boothe, Tracey, Tryon, Stevie Brown, KP (if he is reasonable)

If they are in our price range, pull the triggerJR...

Restructure: Diehl, Tuck, Webster, Rolle, Canty, Eli

If the FO insists on keeping them around.......they SHOULD restructure. The least they can do wile they are stinking up the place is save us some cap space

Release: Sash, Herzlich, Austin

I don't see these 3 with us next year.....we will have 4-5 good safeties, don't need a sixth, Austin has had his chance, and Herz is painful to watch at MLB

Beatty, Bennett, Cruz, and both Browns are necessary
    Hixon, Tracy, Tryon, and KP are nice to have if the price is right.

Kenny Phillips is far more important than Stevie Brown. Anyone who doesn't get this is taking crazy pills.

That being said, I think both are a priority, because both are part of the future at safety.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    Kenny Phillips is far more important than Stevie Brown. Anyone who doesn't get this is taking crazy pills.

That being said, I think both are a priority, because both are part of the future at safety.
    I agree that KP presence does more for us than Browns.......but if we had to chose betwee both due to cost......I think you and I would deal with keeping Brown over him, since its likely that KP asking price would be higher.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post

Thats if he can stay healthy, which is an enormous IF

Veteran
    KP has respect on the field. Yet I hear Stevie's name called a lot for good plays. I say keep KP if the cap hit isn't too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    KP has respect on the field. Yet I hear Stevie's name called a lot for good plays. I say keep KP if the cap hit isn't too strong.
    I have no issue with KP on the field. The question is his health. We can't sink big money in a guy with chronic problems. The Giants should have a good grip on that. If they sign him I take it as a vote of confidence in his health. If they don't sign him...............
    No one remembers who came in second.

Will Hill over Brown , KP is priority

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    Restructure: Diehl, Tuck, Webster, Rolle, Canty, Eli

If the FO insists on keeping them around.......they SHOULD restructure. The least they can do wile they are stinking up the place is save us some cap space
    A restructure is not a pay cut...

The restructure is just taking a loan from future years. Eventually the team is gonna pay.

+ Reply to Thread