+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants' Chris Snee Will Postpone Surgery, Play In 2013 Pro Bowl

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/12/...2013-pro-bowl/

Excerpt: "New York Giants' offensive linemanChris Snee played all 16 games of the 2012 season, but it certainly wasn't easy. It was revealed shortly after their season ended that Snee had not only battled through a partially torn hip labrum, but also several painful bone spurs.

A source close to Snee recently told Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News that he had "no idea" how Snee was even able to play, and that the veteran guard was in "a ton of pain." Yet he stuck it out and plans to do exactly that over the next few weeks, forgoing surgery so that he can play in the 2013 Po Bowl." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

WHY would he not do everything in his power to come back 100% healthy next season.. makes ZERO sense. In such a meaningless game. The game is a joke and that's a HUGE understatement.

This is not in the best interest of the team, they shouldn't let him play and instead opt to have the surgery as soon as possible.

Even if it's just a minor surgery... still makes no sense.

Following the game, Snee will meet with doctors to discuss his options, and will likely need "minor" surgery. He is expected to be ready when the team begins training camp in July.

I'd rather that be a certainty after the season he had.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

You get to vacation in Hawaii for week and play a few snaps of non competitive football, AND you get paid for it.....

Why not?!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    WHY would he not do everything in his power to come back 100% healthy next season.. makes ZERO sense. In such a meaningless game. The game is a joke and that's a HUGE understatement.

This is not in the best interest of the team, they shouldn't let him play and instead opt to have the surgery as soon as possible.

Following the game, Snee will meet with doctors to discuss his options, and will likely need "minor" surgery. He is expected to be ready when the team begins training camp in July.

I am sure the medical poeple have told him what the anticipated recovery period is. I think the Pro Bowl is little more than a beauty pageant, but the players think otherwise. At his age, I don't blame him. How many more shots at the Pro Bowl is he likely to get?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Im gonna take a wild guess and say maybe he gets some sort of pay bump for attending the probowl. I know the probowl itself has money at stake.

Hey, good for him, didn't necessarily play very good due to injuries but he got in so let him enjoy it, better be ready by camp though.

If he's 100% by camp then great Chris have fun... but so help you if you're not.

When you're in the game sit there, look pretty, and let everyone through and we'll be all good
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Your father in law will not be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Your father in law will not be happy.
    Surprise the NYG with the first pick draft a GUARD the old man was mad
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

He shouldn't have even been a pro-bowl selection.