Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Could Cruz leave?

I honestly think that there is a chance that Victor Cruz might not be on the team next year. He is seeking a lot of money and the Giants may not have the cap space for him, especially if they want to keep Hakeem Nicks who is the better receiver in my eyes. So what happens if he signs with another team? I'm assuming we will give him our 1st round tender. If he leaves do we get the draft pick this year or next year? And do you guys think we go WR in the first 2 rounds again?

Where did you hear he is seeking a lot of money?
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I find it funny that you are the first person to post on this and a minute after its put up no less. Mighty protective of your first love huh rudster?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Bigger question is...Can he justify Big money? Yeah he was great last season...this season he had 7 games with 50 yards or less. As far as I'm concerned we can set up a mediocre contract for him now...then next season he can prove he is big money worthy.

Just because you helped us win a SB your first season doesn't give you a free pass to stink it up half of the next season and still retain your "NFL Value"

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    Bigger question is...Can he justify Big money? Yeah he was great last season...this season he had 7 games with 50 yards or less. As far as I'm concerned we can set up a mediocre contract for him now...then next season he can prove he is big money worthy.

Just because you helped us win a SB your first season doesn't give you a free pass to stink it up half of the next season and still retain your "NFL Value"
    If Santonio Holmes is worth 8-9 million a year, how much is Cruz worth? Holmes best season of his career was arguably worse than Cruz's season this year in which people think he under performed.
    Last edited by dakotajoe; 01-12-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    If Santonio Holmes is worth 8-9 million a year, how much is Cruz worth? Holmes best season of his career was arguably worse than Cruz's season this year in which people think he under performed.
    To Holmes' credit, he DID have Sanchez throwing him the ball...

ill lose respect for the giants if they disrespect cruz like that. he should be able to at least make 7-8 mill a year. he earned it.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

How did he "stink it up" by adding another 1,000 yard season to the 1,500 the previous season and leading all receivers again? You might have a point if the rest of the offense was clicking but we all know that wasn't the case.

Should we take some of Eli's money because he did some stinking up of his own? How many games with ZERO TDs?
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How did he "stink it up" by adding another 1,000 yard season to the 1,500 the previous season and leading all receivers again? You might have a point if the rest of the offense was clicking but we all know that wasn't the case.

Should we take some of Eli's money because he did some stinking up of his own? How many games with ZERO TDs?

Cruz's best game was against Tampa....oh but wait a minute he was paired up with Nicks who had an even better game. If Nicks wasn't playing that day then Cruz probably wouldn't of even broke 100 yards and probably doesn't get his 1000 yard season.

I'm not saying he does not deserve Big money Ever....but let's face it he dropped way too many passes this year and frankly did not look like the same player a year ago. That raises question marks.

This season makes me believe that Cruz is only "Great" when he is paired up with Nicks...by himself he is a "Good" receiver. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Cruz's best game was against Tampa....oh but wait a minute he was paired up with Nicks who had an even better game. If Nicks wasn't playing that day then Cruz probably wouldn't of even broke 100 yards and probably doesn't get his 1000 yard season.
    What kind of an argument is this? One game defines his season?

How about the three touchdowns Cruz scored on Cleveland? Or the 109/1 outing vs Philadelphia? Nicks missed those two games.