Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Could Cruz leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    He had an off year this year without Nicks commanding attention as he does when he's healthy. Cruz benefits off Nicks and didn't have a great season like the year before, he can't carry the load like Nicks did once.

Are you saying Cruz had a better year than the 1st year when Nicks was healthy?

Are you saying Cruz had a better year than the 1st year when Nicks was healthy?
    He's a slot receiver, of course he'd benefit from a healthy first stringer..

You just can't admit that you're wrong and now it's gotten out of hand.

He had 4 more catches.. but had 12 more targets. 500 less yards, 30 less yards per game, 6 less yards per catch, 7 less first downs, only 3.8 YAC after having over 7 last year.

Some more stats.

3 21 vs bal
    3 15 vs atl
    6 42 vs car
    2 23 vs dal
    3 26 cin
    3 36 gb
    4 52 phil

racked up 644 of his yards in only 5 games (Biggest game being the one where Nicks was healhty)
    3/10 tds one game vs browns (only 50 yards in that game)

only 2 games like that in 2011 vs buf 2 12 and vs was 5 44

Funny how people forget how big Cruz was for us last year, and the game he had in San Fran. I'll bet my life he stays, sorry OP. Man it's going to be a long six months.

He had 4 more catches.. but had 12 more targets. 500 less yards, 30 less yards per game, 6 less yards per catch, 7 less first downs, only 3.8 YAC after having over 7 last year.

Some more stats.

3 21 vs bal
    3 15 vs atl
    6 42 vs car
    2 23 vs dal
    3 26 cin
    3 36 gb
    4 52 phil

racked up 644 of his yards in only 5 games (Biggest game being the one where Nicks was healhty)
    3/10 tds one game vs browns (only 50 yards in that game)

only 2 games like that in 2011 vs buf 2 12 and vs was 5 44
    How many games did his quarterback stink up?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    How many games did his quarterback stink up?
    His argument is that he's a better WR when Nicks is healthy uhhh duh? LOL Nicks is a first stringer and a dominating WR. It's like saying Eli Manning is better when Nicks is in or when Cruz is in. It's honestly a silly argument.

Cruz without Nicks is not pretty. He can't handle the extra attention he gets without a healthy Nicks on the field. I don't think it's written in stone that we resign Cruz. He might cost way too much for his level of talent. I think keeping him is a 50/50 proposition at this point. He needs to understand that he's benefited from Nicks a whole bunch, and if he prices himself out of the market, he'll be playing for some team with no other good recievers, and maybe not even a viable QB. I could see his career going down the tubes if he goes to the wrong team. JR might be thinkig the same because they weren't willing to throw a pile of oey at him last year to extend his contract. He is, after all, a UFA who appears to need a Nicks type reciever on the field with him to be effective. And Reuben Randle has shown some pretty good talent. Randle and Nicks could really give people fits.

I'm saying he didn't have as good of a year as he did last year, infact he didn't have a "great" year at all looking closely at his stats.

Without Nicks, he is not a top 5 wide reciever.. or top 7.

Closed Thread