Closed Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Cruz leave?

Fact remains, I could ramble off doezensof Good recievers in the NFL, they are not hard to find... Cruz was an UDFA remember. Meaning, that if we don't pay Cruz a ridiculous amount of money, we can find a suitable replacement. Randle might be even BETTER than Cruz, who knows? Nobody thought Cruz would be as good as he is, Randle also showed a lot of flash in the pre-season if I remember correctly. The Giants have never had a problem with finding talent at the receiver position for the last few years, they have a lot of "depth" as you put it, we did not spend a second round pick on a WR for him to barely play for the next 4-5 years, The Giants had to of expected good things out of Randle.

And the point I was making is, people would think I was crazy for saying "Brown can run better than Bradshaw" and Brown did when he got the ball consistently, right now I'd take Brown over Bradshaw. And if we have to pay Cruz a lot of money I'd put my money on our high draft pick panning out with an Elite Quarterback, and an Elite healthy Hakeem Nicks on the other side. Don't tell me it's such a ludicrous idea to think a second round pick who has showed good potential in his first year in the NFL to be a great player when you have a guy like Eli at the helm.

I'm not saying Cruz isn't a top 10 WR, I'm not saying he's worth a good contract, but I don't think we should pay him huge amounts, I'd be happy with 5-6 million a year, but not a penny more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Where did you hear he is seeking a lot of money?

he wants 8-10 million a year.

241--

1) You again imply Cruz is not an extraordinary find by the Giants org when you state "Cruz was UDFA remember", as if any team can come with such a find, in any given season following the draft. Well no, they can't. Why do you think he received so much attention by the end of last year? In part because he did make some fantastic plays like his first career TD, vs Namdi, the juggle TD catch vs Seattle, and of course the 99 yarder Christmas Eve. But another big reason, not to be diminished, was because he was that good and because he'd been snubbed by the NFL Combine and had been overlooked by 31 other teams.

2) It doesn't matter what you--or any of us--would be "happy" to pay Cruz. It's a market place, and Cruz will justifiably look for a contract that adequately reflects the value he believes he gives the team, and in the context of what other receivers are getting that rank close to him. On the other hand, Cruz has gone out of his way to say publicly how much he wants to continue with the Giants, and that can make a difference in negotiations. And I believe him.

3) I happen to think he's not interested in "breaking the bank", but he does deserve a competitive contract--in terms of length and/or annual average with probably a guarantee of 1/4 or 1/3 of total contract as so many key player contracts seem to include these days.

4) For all any of us know, it could well be a contract worth 5-6 mill a year. There's been higher numbers relating to Cruz' "demands" thrown around on this board, but they are 100% without merit--zero sources to support such claims.

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    Do you have a source that isn't a speculative report?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I know it goes back to that...I loosely term it...article again doesn't it? Damn you RF...damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu and your technology!!!!!

Funny though, we can't seem to find any remarks by Cruz or his handlers that mention a dollar figure. The figure you mention was a guess by a media head
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I know it goes back to that...I loosely term it...article again doesn't it? Damn you RF...damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu and your technology!!!!!
    Exactly, I blame Roanoke for this mess as well

Don't want to see Cruz go, pay the man! With that being said, we also need to pay Nicks whom which Cruz' success is predicated from.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Exactly, I blame Roanoke for this mess as well
    I refuse to be responsible for others' reading comprehension skills!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Closed Thread