Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Cruz leave?

Quote Originally Posted by G14ntzF4π View Post
    Ya I also seen him this year and he looked slow
    Unlike when we have a broken foot and a knee injury, athletes baby themselves
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Just curious here , something thats done in English soccer alot with bigger player contracts . say a guy is looking for a 3yr/ 30 million dollar contract the team will offer 25 Mil and then the rest will be made up by incentives within the media like jersey sales and other sponsorship deals(commercials, clothing ,shoes ect) i was wondering if they NFL does things like this because i recall Cruz being in the Campell's commercial and foot locker commercial. Could something like this be done with cruz's contract?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD21 View Post
    Just curious here , something thats done in English soccer alot with bigger player contracts . say a guy is looking for a 3yr/ 30 million dollar contract the team will offer 25 Mil and then the rest will be made up by incentives within the media like jersey sales and other sponsorship deals(commercials, clothing ,shoes ect) i was wondering if they NFL does things like this because i recall Cruz being in the Campell's commercial and foot locker commercial. Could something like this be done with cruz's contract?
    Nope, endorsements are independent of a player's team contract.

All-Pro
    I like Cruz a lot, and I really hope they can reach an agreement that benefits both him and the team. However, this is a business and in any business you have to look at the Cost/Benefit or the ROI. There is a price point where the cost to keep him starts to negatively impact the team as a whole by preventing them from securing players at other positions of need. As much as I would like to see Cruz on the team next year, I believe that improving the O-line and the defensive front 7 will have a bigger impact on the team as a whole than Cruz alone will. Hopefully they can do both...
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Wow. Really glad a lot of you are nowhere near our F.O. Let's lock up Cruz and Nicks both if we can. They are both fantastic and have been nothing but ideal examples of what a NYG should be. Humble. Hard Working. Unselfish. Team oriented. What of their past behavior could indicate anything but being standup men on and off the field? It boggles my mind that this sort of speculation is even happening.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I would tink this is more likely
    I know I'm a few pages behind, but I just got to work so sue me. I'm not sure Cruz will put up a 1500 yard season again. I think alot of what happened in the 2011 season was a product of the lockout and defenses were still catching up near the end of the season to some of the most prolific offensive stats the NFL has ever seen(namely a bunch of 5000 yard passers). That being said, the Cruz of 2012, minus the drops, still had an outstanding season and was an integral part of our offense.

I think many fans were spoiled in 2011. Cruz coupled with a healthy Nicks and now (possibly) Bennett could be a dangerous combination for years to come. Hell, even if Bennett doesn't stay the tandem of Cruz and Nicks is enough tom put some fear into a defensive coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by G14ntzF4π View Post
    Based on his health he looks used up and slow
    Nicks is 25, yet you think he's done?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Nicks is 25, yet you think he's done?
    LOL, 25 is the new 30, haven't you heard?
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I know I'm a few pages behind, but I just got to work so sue me. I'm not sure Cruz will put up a 1500 yard season again. I think alot of what happened in the 2011 season was a product of the lockout and defenses were still catching up near the end of the season to some of the most prolific offensive stats the NFL has ever seen(namely a bunch of 5000 yard passers). That being said, the Cruz of 2012, minus the drops, still had an outstanding season and was an integral part of our offense.

I think many fans were spoiled in 2011. Cruz coupled with a healthy Nicks and now (possibly) Bennett could be a dangerous combination for years to come. Hell, even if Bennett doesn't stay the tandem of Cruz and Nicks is enough tom put some fear into a defensive coordinator.
    Let's just hope we keep Bennett and Cruz this season and take care of Nicks next season
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    We have RR and JJ and I think they will be suitable replacments for Cruz, and based on he didnt even hit the payload this year but knowing he will already dropped his level of play considerably what do you think will happen when hes getting 6m a year. And also doing "da rock" stuff with jay z and his clothing brands and whatever else hes doing... his image is too big for his play now.
    Still can't get over this comment. This is laughable...

Closed Thread