Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Cruz leave?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Let's just hope we keep Bennett and Cruz this season and take care of Nicks next season
    Nicks and Cruz definitely, Bennett is important as we haven't been able to keep a tight end for any length of time. I think if it came down to it though, Bennett would probably be the odd man out since we have had productive tight ends come out of the wood work before and the Giants probably think they could develop another one.

I would love to keep all three together especially since we have bigger fish to fry in the trenches and almost everywhere else.

Bench Player
    Based on this year. His dropped balls, looking behind him and less production hurt this team big time. Last year he was an unknown and much like JPP when he recieved some double teams or underneath and over the top coverage his production dropped like a lead balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by sheli no more View Post
    Based on this year. His dropped balls, looking behind him and less production hurt this team big time. Last year he was an unknown and much like JPP when he recieved some double teams or underneath and over the top coverage his production dropped like a lead balloon.
    Which explains why he had more receptions and TDs this year than last year, I suppose.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Which explains why he had more receptions and TDs this year than last year, I suppose.
    Cruz had 4 more receptions than last year, one more touchdown yet almost 500 less yards.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Cruz had 4 more receptions than last year, one more touchdown yet almost 500 less yards.
    Lol, 500 yards less than a year he broke the Giants single season record for most yards in a season. And still had more receptions even though he had "oh, so many!" drops. Lol, yeah, Cruz really showed how little he's worth this year...

Also, how is any amount of TDs more than the year before a bad thing? So we can bash him when he doesn't match his huge, breakout/record breaking year and then slam him again.when he does better in one of the most vital statistics any offensive player can have? Seems legit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Lol, 500 yards less than a year he broke the Giants single season record for most yards in a season. And still had more receptions even though he had "oh, so many!" drops. Lol, yeah, Cruz really showed how little he's worth this year...
    Did I say any of these things? I was pointing out that last year he had a better year than this one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Also, how is any amount of TDs more than the year before a bad thing? So we can bash him when he doesn't match his huge, breakout/record breaking year and then slam him again.when he does better in one of the most vital statistics any offensive player can have? Seems legit.
    No one said it was a bad thing, here you go again conjuring up nonsense!

Veteran
    In my in-expert opinion of Cruz and the Gints management, I will be amazed if Cruz is not a giant for at least the next 3 years.

Nicks is different thing. Sad how he was 1 or 2 steps slow all year. I want to believe he will recover, but $$ realities makes me think he will not be a Giant next year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Where did you hear he is seeking a lot of money?
    Bigger question is...Can he justify Big money? Yeah he was great last season...this season he had 7 games with 50 yards or less. As far as I'm concerned we can set up a mediocre contract for him now...then next season he can prove he is big money worthy.

Just because you helped us win a SB your first season doesn't give you a free pass to stink it up half of the next season and still retain your "NFL Value"

Closed Thread